Thursday, May 25, 2023

Night at the Lagoon

This week has been even more chaotic than I thought it would be when I scheduled posts for this week--on Tuesday morning Ryan came down with PINKEYE.  I had to take him to the ER on Tuesday morning (didn't have time to wait to get an appointment at the pediatrician) and we got back to the house ten minutes before the hubs had to leave to sell his car.  Ryan is doing better now but it seemed to be a worse case than what he had back in February.  Man, this move has been stressful!

Anyway, I got four new stamp sets last week right before I packed up my craft room, and I managed to squeeze in just enough craft time to make a card or two with each of the stamp sets.  Today's card features two of my new acquisitions, Night of Flight and Next Destination:


And the Inked Botanicals DSP for that matter, which I used for a lot of the cards I made.  I'll be sharing those over the next few weeks so it's not just crickets chirping here on my blog while all the stuff is in transit to Texas.

Lucky for me, this card fits in the current Paper Players challenge:


I used the second-largest moth stamp from the hostess set Night of Flight, for some reason this stamp set is really appealing to me.  I used Blends to color it in, though when I get my next craft room set up I'll have to try embossing the moths on colored cardstock and see what other looks I can come up with.

Hope your week is less chaotic than ours is.  And to think, we're going to be moving again a year from now!  I'm exhausted just thinking about it.  Oh well, needs must.  Cheers!

P.S. Joanne, if you happen to read this, my craft room is all packed up and on its way to America, but I still managed to make a cup of tea this morning because I still have my electric kettle : ) Priorities!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Night of Flight, Next Destination
Ink:  Night of Navy, Lost Lagoon, Stampin' Blends in Lost Lagoon & Pool Party
Paper:  Pool Party (card base, which you can't see), Thick Basic White, Inked Botanicals DSP Stack
Accessories:  Deckled Rectangles dies

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

Christy, Your card is lovely. I love the color you chose for your one image. Your card certainly fits our CAS challenge. Thanks for taking part in this week's challenge at The Paper Players. Suzy

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Oh Christy it sounds like you really are having a week of it! I hope Ryan is feeling better and I'm glad you managed to find the time to craft with your new goodies! So I'm just gonna say it - I do not get this stamp set at all - moths?! Yet I find myself loving all the cards I've seen made with it - go figure! Yours is no exception - it makes a fabulous focal image and I'm loving the monochrome Lost Lagoon too. Thanks for playing my CAS challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Such a cool card, Christy! I need to give that stamp set another look because you really showcased it beautifully. Thanks so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!