Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Mermaid Magic

Well, yesterday did not go to plan...I got up early and did my workout as per usual, and just as I was getting in the shower Ryan ran past me to the toilet and threw up.  So he stayed home from school yesterday and I didn't get anything done, except for making one card while he was mostly parked on the couch watching Ladybug & Cat Noir.  So here's my card for today:


I saw this challenge from Cupcake Inspirations, and it reminded me of some Sweet November stamps that I've had in my stash for *years* so that's where the mermaid and seahorse are from.  They're actually a single (very large) stamp.  So here's the cupcake challenge:


And I loved the colors from Sunday Stamps to go with:


I used Magenta Madness, Starry Sky, Lemon Lolly, and Smoky Slate for my colors.  I would have gone with Berry Burst, but I don't have the Blends in that color yet (they're on the way), so I used the pinker Magenta Madness instead.  I actually had to color the mermaid twice...the first time, I made the starfish in her hair Starry Sky, and they just blended in too much.  The Lemon Lolly starfish look much better.

I CASEd the card layout from Amy Koenders.  I love her card, and that DSP she used is also on its way to me right now : )

Okay, so I really should try to get some things done today.  Wish me luck!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Sweet November mermaid & seahorse, Pure Magic
Ink:  Starry Sky, Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin' Blends in Smoky Slate, Basic Black, Lemon Lolly, Starry Sky, Magenta Madness, Petal Pink
Paper:  Starry Sky, Thick Basic White, Starry Sky & Magenta Madness DSP
Accessories:  Deckled Rectangles dies, Blue gems, Mini Dimensionals

6 comments:

dj said...

Such a magical take on our color combo...you rocked it with your darling mermaid! Thanks for playing along with our "Spring Flair" color challenge over at Sunday Stamps. -Deb Horst, DT #SSC309

Leanne said...

Great colors, bright bold, and pretty, nice image, and is a pretty card. Thanks for sharing with us at Cupcake Inspirations.

Have a great day!
Leanne DT Member/CIC

Heather said...

Wow, Christy, what a great take on our colors - love this! Brilliant and bold, and great layout! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

Sandy said...

Oh Christy, I hope he is healthy soon! Not fun. I love this adorable mermaid card. The colors are fabulous! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at Cupcake Inspiration Challenges. We hope you will continue to do so!
Sandy, CIC DT Coordinator

Heidi Baks said...

Well, making a card is productive in my book! Fun theme for your card, and I love the magenta and starry sky colors together! Thanks for joining Sunday Stamps this week.

Nora Noll said...

This is gorgeous. I LOVE the pink and dark blue color scheme. That mermaid is adorable. Thank you for joining us this round at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge.
Nora
CIC DT Member