Monday, May 22, 2023

Sweet Home Alabama

Scrappy Monday, y'all!  This is it, everything really kicks in to high gear today:  the packers arrive.  It's going to be a crazy week of having the house packed up and all that chaos that goes along with moving (especially moving overseas, from Germany back to the States).  So anyway, I thought I'd share a layout from a different move, when we arrived in Alabama after three and a half years in England.


Okay that pic of the hubs playing with the undergarments to my wedding dress makes me giggle, and really there could be no other title for these pictures than Sweet Home Alabama.  And I miss my sweet little Vader.  In the lower left corner, I included one of the address labels that I used for the 10 months that we lived there; I always get address labels every time we move and I have an entire stack of labels from all our previous addresses.  When we stop being nomadic, maybe I'll make a layout of nothing but the different address labels and pics of each house...I hope I *took* pics of all the houses!  Hmm.


Today's color palette:  Azure Afternoon, Crumb Cake, Poppy Parade, and Blueberry Bushel.  I'm going to need A LOT of Azure Afternoon 12x12 cardstock, I love it!  Missy was asking me what my favorite new SU! color is, and Azure Afternoon was the first to pop in my head.  Though I have really enjoyed playing with all the new core colors (and I've kind of ignored the new In Colors because they are comparatively dull and boring).

Anyway, time for me to supervise the pack-out of my craft room.  Send chocolate.  No, wait, don't--I mailed two large boxes of chocolate to Texas last week so that it wouldn't spend months in a shipping crate and leave me with a sad chocolate puddle on the other side.  Who has TWENTY-SEVEN POUNDS of chocolate in their house as a matter of course?  Me, apparently.

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Sweet Shoppe Alphabet Upper & Lower, Metro Type, Be the Star, Paris in the Spring
Ink:  Azure Afternoon, Blueberry Bushel
Paper:  Azure Afternoon, Poppy Parade, Blueberry Bushel, Crumb Cake, Thick Basic White
Accessories:  Stars dies

1 comment:

Tanya said...

I really love this layout.
I grew up moving a stupid lot without the military- just my dad constantly trying to improve our situation. I am glad i married a man whose parents are still in the house they purchased in 1954. But, when we moved 7 years ago, I was surprised and a little embarrassed to find I had MANY hidden candy stashes throughout my house... There are only 2 in this house. haha!