Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Cherry Sweet

We had a cherry tree in our yard, but a few months ago our landlords cut it down because they want to plant something else in that spot.  I miss the cherry tree though.  We had fun picking cherries last year and I still have a couple of bags of them in our freezer.  Better use 'em up before we move!  So here's my cherry card today:


Check out the Festive Friday challenge:


I used die cutting, gingham, and a food sentiment.  The words are from two different stamps in the Share a Milkshake set; I did some creative masking and trimming to make my custom cherry sweet sentiment.

Paired that with the Try Stampin' on Tuesday sketch:


And that's it for me today.  Have a cherry sweet day, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Sweetest Cherries, Share a Milkshake
Ink:  Sweet Sorbet, Lemon Lime Twist, Balmy Blue
Paper:  Balmy Blue, Thick Basic White, Country Gingham DSP Stack, Regency Park DSP Stack
Accessories:  Cherry Builder Punch, Stylish Shapes dies, Stitched Rectangles dies, Dimensionals

6 comments:

Melanie Hungerford said...

I love the combination of papers and colors, and a perfect sketch to show off the cherry. Great card! Thanks for sharing with us at Festive Friday.

Polly said...

Love this card, the patterned paper and cute sentiment! Thanks for joining us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday! :)

Donna Scholz said...

Christy, I love how crisp and happy your cherry card looks and feels! Your choice of colors and the stitching theme really showcases your talent!! Thank you for sharing your card and using our sketch at Try Stampin' on Tuesday!!! -Donna

kramer_buffy said...

Love the mix of patterns!

Thanks for joining us at TSOT!
-- Dalis
http://stamprgrl.wordpress.com

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love your sweet, punny cherry card Christy - I'm now wishing I lived closer to share that cherry pie you'll be making, yum! Thanks for playing with us at Festive Friday Challenge!

Beth McCullough said...

Congratulations! Your fabulous creation was selected as a Festive Fave over at the Festive Friday Challenge. Please hop over to the challenge blog to grab your winner’s badge for your blog. Thanks so much for joining us and I hope you will play along again soon!