Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Fashion-Forward Fox

Mornin' y'all!  My day got off to a ridiculously early start...my alarm is set to go off at 5:15 (I like to do my workout before we get Ryan up at 6) but lately I've been waking up between 4:00 and 4:30, and can't get back to sleep before the alarm.  Arrrrgh!  So of course in the evenings I want to go to bed at like 8:00, if not earlier.  And if my blog posts seem a bit incoherent, now you know why.

Anyway.  The Paper Players have a very timely challenge this week, it's been wet and rainy for the past few days (I just got my car all clean, that's why it's raining so much).  So let's celebrate some rainy days.


As always, some fun inspiration pics on the challenge graphic!  So here's what I made:


Two of the ladies on the design team used this same fox but I couldn't resist her, I love her.  Once again I busted out my favorite Bright & Beautiful DSP Stack and pulled colors from that.  I've got quite a stack of scraps from that paper already, and I ended up finding three that were just the right widths for a triptych layout.  After I colored in Ms. Vixen's hat and rain coat, it occurred to me that the combination of Bubble Bath and Fresh Freesia is what Maid Marian wears in Disney's Robin Hood (one of my favorites!).  And her umbrella is the color of Robin Hood's outfit, too.  I think I need to rewatch that movie now.

Have a great day, peeps!  If my day goes like yesterday, I will have ample opportunity to listen to the rain come down : )  Which is great, as long as I don't have to be out in it.

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Playing in the Rain, Rhino Ready
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark, Stampin' Blends in Pumpkin Pie, Lemon Lime Twist, Fresh Freesia
Paper:  Azure Afternoon, Lemon Lime Twist, Night of Navy, Fresh Freesia, Thick Basic White, Bright & Beautiful DSP
Accessories:  Playing in the Rain dies, Stylish Shapes dies, white EP, mini Dimensionals

3 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

This fox is looking rather dapper for sure Christie and I love that you've given even more inspiration as to how to use him! Perfectly paired with the rainbow-inspired paper too, all ready for the rain to end. We are experiencing our fair share of May-should be April-showers here in the UK too - keep dry and thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!

Claire Broadwater said...

Christy, this is adorable! I love your mix of patterns and the color combo. But, that little Fox steals the show. He looks so proud! Thank you so much for joining my Rainy Day Challenge this week at The Paper Players!

Tanya said...

I love her with the DP you chose too!
Robin Hood is one of my favorites too, but is currently the ONLY thing my 6yr old will watch. When I refuse to turn the car radio to dvd mode, she just recites it over my music.... LOL. Every. Single. Word. hahaha