Mornin' y'all! Ryan's first day of school was yesterday and so far he's done well with the routine. I had to drive him to school yesterday because his bike had a flat, but the hubs fixed that last night so Ryan rode his bike to school today. I'm not quite finished with my first cuppa but I'm already contemplating a second one since I have to get out and run some errands here shortly.
Anyway, it has been too long since I played with the Cutest Crew bundle so that's what I did today.
I made this for the current Inspired By... challenge:
I liked the colors, and I started going through my more-or-less current stamps (i.e. the ones in the new packaging since they're all in one handy container but I still don't like the new packaging so there nyeh) and I pulled out Cutest Crew immediately. I figured it would work well with the colors (I used Coastal Cabana, Crisp Cantaloupe, Golden Glow, and Pecan Pie) and I thought a lot of horizontal elements would be a good callback to the inspo pic, so this is a good chance to play with a few of the dies that I hadn't messed with before. I still need to use the birds and the kitties from this stamp set, but the pupperinos are just so cute! I needed some kind of pattern on the Crisp Cantaloupe paper so I inked up the now-retired Painted Stripes and do not ask me how I got it to go all the way across the card front when it's not that wide, I have no idea how I got the stripes to match up as well as I did and I am sure I could not replicate it.
Supplies, all SU!
Stamps: Cutest Crew
Ink: Early Espresso, Crisp Cantaloupe, Stampin' Blends in Pecan Pie, Golden Glow, Smoky Slate, Crisp Cantaloupe, Coastal Cabana (the Blendabilities and WHEN IS SU! GONNA GIVE US BLENDS IN THIS COLOR)
Paper: Coastal Cabana, Crisp Cantaloupe, Golden Glow, Pecan Pie, Basic White, Fresh Prints (of Bel Air) DSP Stack
Accessories: Cutest Crew dies, Nested Essentials dies, Dimensionals
I told Ryan I wanted a first day of school picture of him yesterday. This is what I got:
I told him that I am keeping many many pictures like this because in a few years when he brings a girlfriend home I'm going to have LOTS of things to show her. Thankfully Daphne was here for the cute:
BOOP. I loves her.
Okay, I've got the kettle on for my next cuppa, and as soon as that's gone I'll have to go run some errands. Cheers, y'all!

1 comment:
This is adorable! I love the warm colors and am quite impressed with how you did the stripes! I have that stamp too and haven't used it enough! I can't believe your school has started already! We have another whole month to go! Cute pix of the kiddo & pup!
Post a Comment