Well, this isn't the card I thought I would be making yesterday, but here it is:
News of Dolly Parton's death yesterday was totally unexpected. I've had this Ink Road stamp set for a while but hadn't inked it up yet. It has the image of Dolly and a variety of quotes, I just chose the one that fit in my die the best.
I used a Color Dare Challenge:
I used Berry Burst, Bubble Bath, and Parakeet Party for colors, though there's a bit of yellow in the floral pattern too. And here's this week's Atlantic Hearts sketch:
I moved the sentiment a bit because I didn't want to cover up the image of Dolly.
I think I have just three of Dolly's albums in my music library, as I was never much into country music I am mostly familiar with her biggest hits. The hubs and I did go to Dollywood about 20 years ago, and of course I know about her Imagination Library and philanthropy. She was an extraordinary woman, and extraordinarily kind. The world could use more people like Dolly.
If you'll excuse me, I'm going to go listen to the Dolly album I just bought.
Supplies:
Stamps: Dolly from The Ink Road
Ink: Berry Burst, Bubble Bath
Paper: Berry Burst, Bubble Bath, Basic White, Delightful Floral DSP
Accessories: Stylish Shapes dies, Charming Shimmer Faceted Dots, Dimensionals


No comments:
Post a Comment