Friday, August 21, 2026

Radiant Bouquet

Mornin' y'all and happy Friday.  I'm so happy that yesterday I finally inked up the third new stamp set I got in my last SU! order, Radiant Sunflowers!


I have the coordinating DSP too, but today I used something different to go with the inspo pic at Just Us Girls:


I put my bouquet on a Night of Navy pattern from the Nature Walk DSP and used Peaceful Pine as my card base, going with the darker colors to make the flowers pop like on the pic.  And I had some fun coloring in the flowers, I did each one a bit differently with a mix of Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, and Cajun Craze.  And I kinda sorta used this week's Freshly Made Sketch:


My bouquet image is a little pointier at the top and bottom and wider in the middle, though I wish I'd cut the ribbon a little differently to match the sketch a little better.  And obviously I stretched this into a regular A2 card because I don't like making square cards.  But I did just get the new Tiled Garden square dies, which are like the square version of the Spotlight on Nature dies that are circles.  Those teeny cutout bits are annoying as all get-out to get off the cutting plate for my Big Shot, but they sure look good on the card!  I backed the cutouts with Daffodil Delight to make them stand out more.  I thought the sparkle dots were Daffodil Delight but they're actually Darling Duckling, we have hardly any embellishments in Daffodil Delight or Pumpkin Pie and I don't know why.

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Radiant Sunflowers
Ink:  Night of Navy, Stampin' Blends in Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Cajun Craze, Peaceful Pine
Paper:  Peaceful Pine, Daffodil Delight, Basic White, Nature Walk DSP
Accessories:  Radiant Sunflowers dies, Tiled Garden dies, Dimensionals, Night of Navy bordered ribbon, Low-Profile Sparkle Dots, Wink of Stella

How about a little extra cute today:


BLEP.  Daph was snoozing on the love seat next to me while I was working on my stitching project and watching the end of Wonder Woman (the movie, though I do own the 70s TV show as well).  She's a good couch time companion.

2 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

What pretty little sunflowers! Your card has a charming country vibe to it, Christy. Thanks so much for sharing it (and cute Daph!) with us at Just Us Girls!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Very pretty sunflowers Christy - and a lovely colour combo to show them off too. The detail on those square dies is pretty, if fiddly!