Sunday, August 9, 2026

Proud Colors for The Paper Players

Mornin' y'all and happy Sunday!  We had a small but mighty gallery for last week's Paper Players challenge from Jan, and I hope to see lots of players in this week's color challenge from Stef:


I went with Bermuda Bay, Coastal Cabana, Crumb Cake, and Real Red for my colors, which immediately made me think of the old retired favorite Fresh Prints (...of Bel Air, I can't help it) DSP stack which has the latter three colors in it so that put me three quarters of the way to the color combination.  And you know what I've had on the brain lately?


Yep, I did it, another peacock!  I went through the DSP stack first and I really liked that floral print with three of the colors in it, and the peacock from World Treasures seemed to match the style of artwork so I stamped him in Bermuda Bay to round out the challenge colors.  I did accent some of his feathers with some Coastal Cabana ink, but I kept the card very simple since the pattern is busy and the peacock's tail of course is also a lot visually.  I used a simple strip of Crumb Cake cardstock to ground the peacock and that gave me a place for a simple stamped greeting.  Almost everything I used on this card is retired, but that doesn't mean I can't still use those supplies to play with : )

Check out the other design team creations on the Paper Players blog, and you can hop through their individual blogs to leave some comments too:

The Paper Players Design Team



And then upload your card at the Paper Players blog!  Keep in mind a few simple rules:
1.  Create a new paper project
2.  Upload your creation to your blog with a link back to us and provide a direct link to the post featuring your challenge submission
3.  Please link your card to no more than four challenges, TOTAL
4.  Have fun!


Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  World Treasures, Express Yourself
Ink:  Bermuda Bay, Coastal Cabana
Paper:  Bermuda Bay, Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Fresh Prints DSP Stack
Accessories:  Dimensionals

1 comment:

Tracy Grauer said...

Such a lovely peacock strutting his stuff. I love that DSP though I don't think I ever owned it! I know, how is that possible?!