Thursday, August 27, 2026

Dolly's Butterfly

Mornin' y'all.  I found out yesterday that Tim Curry also passed away on Tuesday, but I don't have any Tim Curry stamps so I made another Dolly card.  Here it is:


When the hubs and I went to Dollywood like 20 years ago, they had a professional photographer take your picture when you came in the park and they'd CGI a butterfly on your photo, so I thought a butterfly would be a great choice with that particular quote.  And it made for a cheery card for the Color Hues Challenge:


I used Daffodil Delight and Pumpkin Pie with some Early Espresso for a neutral.  Happily for me, the old Beyond the Garden DSP has both those colors in it and I chose a fun floral to back my butterfly.

Super easy challenge at Retro Rubber:


I'm pretty sure my Dolly stamp set is more than a year old, but I'm not sure how long I've had it since I hadn't inked it up before now.  However, I do know that Watercolor Wings is eleven years old and the last time I used it was 2019, so it was fun to dust it off.  I used this week's Freshly Made Sketch:


I maybe should have done the smaller butterfly image and added another square element to my card, but I like the big butterfly image.

I bought The Essential Dolly Parton yesterday even though it has several songs that I had on a different album, but my new favorite Dolly song is Dumb Blonde, the first one on the album, and the last one is a cover of Collective Soul's Shine which is pretty cool.  So I listened to Dolly yesterday and then watched Clue last night while I worked on my stitching project.  My first Tim Curry movie was Legend (one of my three favorite movies as a tiny child, along with Labyrinth and The Last Unicorn) and I did think about watching that, but there's a limit to how much Tom Cruise in hot pants I can take, and I just love the sly humor of Clue.  Maybe next I'll watch The Three Musketeers.  I don't think I've ever seen 9to5 either and I don't want to watch Steel Magnolias because I would have to buy Kleenex in bulk for that one.

Anyway, that's it for me today.  Cheers,  y'all.  I will always love you.

Supplies:
Stamps:  Watercolor Wings, Dolly from The Ink Road
Ink:  Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Early Espresso
Paper:  Daffodil Delight, Basic White, Beyond the Garden DSP
Accessories:  Bold Butterfly dies, Tiled Garden dies, Dimensionals, rhinestones, Wink of Stella



3 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Christy, that is my favorite Dolly quote! Aren't we gonna miss her? I've been loving all the tributes I've been seeing everywhere... why not another 'Dolly card?' Since I also love butterflies, this 'big one' seems perfect to me!
Thanks so much for playing along and taking my sketch for a spin!
=] Michele

Marcia Hill said...

A beautiful card and a wonderful tribute to Dolly...she definitely will be missed! Thanks so much for sharing this lovely yellow & orange beauty with us at Color Hues Christy!! Marcia (DT) :0)

Tanya said...

I love it! The happy colors and the butterfly are perfect.
*My intro to Tim Curry was The Worst Witch, so he was a super weirdo, haha, but then much later I realized he was also Rooster on Annie. Love Clue!