Mornin' y'all! It's time for a new challenge from SUO Challenges and this time we're literally taking a page from the current catalog : ) Here it is:
Now, I don't have that rounded rectangle punch or the DSP that they used, but that doesn't mean I can't CASE one of the cards. I had a look-see through my current papers and picked one that has blue and green tones and I reversed the colors on the card in the lower left corner. Here's what I made:
The Nested Essentials dies gave me a similar shape to the punch they used in the catty, and I found a similar greeting with mixed fonts in Fern & Flora, which I embossed in white. Even when I do CAS cards, I like to use different colors for the card bases, so I went all in on the blue for this one and used a white-based pattern for the three rectangle pieces. Fun fact: the watercolor wash is the back side of the floral pattern I used and also, hooray for using up some more DSP! I added a few retired Blueberry Bushel Tinsel Gems to finish it off.
Now it's your turn! Take a look at the samples from the catalog and make a CASE for yourself. And remember, it's completely up to you how much of the inspiration you use on your own card--I think you can tell that I started with that one particular card for my inspiration, but my card looks fairly different because of the paper choices. Upload your creation at the SUO Challenges blog...remember to use only Stampin' Up! products and most important, have fun!
Supplies, all SU!
Stamps: Fern & Flora
Ink: Versamark
Paper: Blueberry Bushel, Garden Poetry DSP
Accessories: Nested Essentials dies, white EP, retired Tinsel Gems

No comments:
Post a Comment