Mornin' y'all. Daphne made me get up earlier than I wanted to today so she's lucky she's cute. Well, I'm up now so I might as well get to doing...as I mentioned yesterday, the Nancy Drew Challenge has been postponed until next week. Miraculously I DID find the missing stamp yesterday, of course a few hours after I got a shipping notification from the eBay seller who sold me the replacement stamp set, but I only have one card out of the three ready to go so here we are. At least I found the stamp and I'll just resell the replacement set when it gets here.
I did make an unrelated card to share today though:
The color on the peacock feather isn't showing up so well in this picture, let's try at an angle:
Oh yeaaahhhh. I used some foil paper (I think it's Bermuda Bay but apparently I don't have the original label) for the die cut peacock feather. I know I made another peacock card last week but I can't help it when Color Hues has these perfect peacock colors:
I used Night of Navy and Bermuda Bay for my colors, and my CAS layout is courtesy of CAS Colours & Sketches:
Daphne is now giving me side-eye because she wants to go for a walk and it's already starting to get warm outside so we'd better hit the road. Cheers, y'all!
Supplies, all SU!
Stamps: Royal Peacock
Ink: Night of Navy
Paper: Bermuda Bay, Whisper White, Regal Winter DSP, Bermuda Bay foil paper
Accessories: Royal Peacock dies, Stitched So Sweetly dies, Mini Dimensionals
I used Night of Navy and Bermuda Bay for my colors, and my CAS layout is courtesy of CAS Colours & Sketches:
I found a pretty monochrome floral pattern in the Regal Winter DSP (one of my favorites) and used that as a backdrop for my feather. One simple sentiment from the Royal Peacock stamp set and it's done.
Daphne is now giving me side-eye because she wants to go for a walk and it's already starting to get warm outside so we'd better hit the road. Cheers, y'all!
Supplies, all SU!
Stamps: Royal Peacock
Ink: Night of Navy
Paper: Bermuda Bay, Whisper White, Regal Winter DSP, Bermuda Bay foil paper
Accessories: Royal Peacock dies, Stitched So Sweetly dies, Mini Dimensionals


8 comments:
This is such a pretty card, and you've combined the two challenges beautifully! I love the foil paper and the DSP is just gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!
Oh, my! Christy, this is so classy with the teal foil feather and navy background! And what a perfect piece of DSP! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Color Hues!
Gorgeous card, and oh so regal, Christy! Love the shiny feather against the moody DSP. Thanks for sharing with us at CC&S
This is just lovely! Simple but very pretty with the foil feather! I feel your pain about losing a stamp. I lost one for over a YEAR. Pulled out a big plastic folder of some vintage images I had stashed away and there it was, stuck to one of the pages inside. No idea how it got there but it was a happy day in my craft room!
It is Bermuda Bay foil (ask me how I know ...) and how fabulous in that diecut feather against the navy too! A great take on the CAS C&S sketch. How frustrating on the missing stamp; I lost the fern die in my daisy dies the third time I went to use it and it has never reappeared - I think it might have been accidentally swept into the dustbin :-(
What a fantastic die cut to showcase with our sketch! Love the metallic feather and I agree that the Color Hues can't be passed by! Thanks for sharing at CAS Colours & Sketches!
Christy, This is bold and yet beautiful too! Thanks for sharing with us at Color Hues.
Christy, you made us another gorgeous CAS card. Your design is perfect with those colors. Thanks for joining us at CAS Colours and Sketches!
Post a Comment