Monday, July 25, 2022

Promo Party

Scrappy Monday, y'all!  Already the last Monday in July too, so I'm going to take this opportunity to share two stars-and-stripes-inspired layouts.


We had a big party in 2017 when the hubs was promoted, and were fortunate enough to have lots of friends and family come in from out of town.  It was quite the crowd in our house!


The thing I remember most about this day though was the ice cream.  We'd made a ton of food and there was a big cake and we had some ice cream, but I worried that it wouldn't be enough.  Dad went with me to the store and kept encouraging me to get more ice cream...at the end of the night we had GALLONS left over!  We were giving that stuff away left and right to anyone who would take it, haha!


Today's patriotic color combo:  Whisper White, Real Red, Blueberry Bushel, and Tempting Turquoise.  I absolutely LOVED that red-and-white star pattern but these two layouts used up the last of it.  Dear SU!, I want more patriotic DSP please.

Have a great Monday!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Be the Star, Rough Type, Fontwerks Alphabet
Ink:  Basic Gray, Whisper White
Paper:  Whisper White, Real Red, Blueberry Bushel, Tempting Turquoise, Big Top Birthday DSP
Accessories:  Star Framelits, White EP

1 comment:

Cindy Beach said...

Looks like a great party and your page commemorates it well. Love the ice cream story. I was planning an ice cream social party for myself and our friends. Big 70 needed some commemoration, I thought. We ate all the ice cream ourselves during the month of June as the party never happened. I got COVID in time to make my actual birthday memorable, HA!