Wednesday, July 13, 2022

It's a Jungle Out There

When I was in high school, our marching band director would sometimes take us on a run through the jungle.  Not an actual jungle, mind you--I grew up in Texas ;) but he would have everyone jog in place and do an entire monologue about running through the jungle, and we had to jump over streams and run around trees and duck to get away from snakes and dodge around animals and whatever else he could think of.  It was a fun and silly way to warm up before marching band rehearsal.  And today, I've brought the jungle into my craft room.


I could not let the Festive Friday challenge go by without playing along!


One of my favorite people ever absolutely loved tigers so I think of her any time I see anything related to tigers.  My current Facebook profile pic is a tiger, too, and it's the Year of the Tiger.  So anyway, I decided to go all out with the stripes for World Tiger Day, and from the inspo list I used a frame, two tigers, lots of stripes, orange (Cajun Craze is dark orange, right?), fur, and jungle (check out the jungle leaves).  The only stamping on here is the greeting (and I finally inked up my Evening Evergreen ink pad!); all the rest, including the tigers, is different patterns from the In the Wild DSP pack.  I had cut the oval shape out when I was working on a previous card so I just used that scrap and built the rest of the card around it.

Hope you have a great day today, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Wild Cats
Ink:  Evening Evergreen
Paper:  Cajun Craze, Evening Evergreen, Thick Basic White, In the Wild DSP
Accessories:  Big Cats dies, Layering Ovals dies, Apothecary Accents dies, Stitched Nested Labels dies, Dimensionals, rusty metal accents

4 comments:

Melanie Hungerford said...


wow, a great use of that DSP pack, perfect card for our festivity! Thanks for joining us at Festive Friday.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

You have totally nailed the tiger theme Christy - that's almost an inspo-list full house! A lovely showcase of those papers too. Thanks for playing our challenge over at Festive Friday this week!

Sharon Hashimoto Burkert said...

wonderful card! You totally rocked the tiger theme. Thank you for playing along with the Festive Friday Challenge.

Jaydee said...

Christy, I love all those fabulous layers and the mix of DSP. The black frame works so well to break up the DSP and anchor your tigers. So glad you shared this beauty with us at Festive Friday this week
jaydee