Friday, July 15, 2022

Sympathy Print

Hey y'all, how's your Friday going?  Ryan is feeling better so he's back at daycare today, and I spent the morning cleaning house.  Tonight the hubs and I are going to see the new Thor movie so woooo.

I find myself in need of some sympathy cards of late.  I hate making sympathy cards, especially when I need one, so every once in a while I try to make one or two when I *don't* need it yet so I'll have it on hand.


Okay really I can't find a place in my house to take pictures of cards or scrapbook pages that will consistently turn out okay for me, and it's a bit frustrating when sometimes all my photos turn out kind of blue.  Grr.  Anyway, I bought the stamp set Through It Together a while back, thinking I could use it for my friend who's still undergoing treatment for metastatic breast cancer, but then I figured out that "get well wishes" didn't feel appropriate and I don't want to do somber cards either, I'd rather send her bright happy cards because she probably gets enough doom and gloom at the hospital.  Does that make any sense at all?  Anyway, this won't be going to her anyway, I was thinking of another friend whose dad passed away recently when I made this one.

I used the color palette from Sunday Stamps:


I went with the first four colors, using Night of Navy, Pacific Point, Gray Granite, and Soft Succulent to approximate the swatches.  Then I used the sketch from Try Stampin' On Tuesday:


That's it for me today, peeps.  Hope you're having a great Friday.

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Nature's Prints, Through It Together
Ink:  Night of Navy, Soft Succulent, Soft Succulent Blends
Paper:  Soft Succulent, Night of Navy, Thick Basic White, Sun Prints DSP
Accessories:  Natural Prints dies, Stylish Shapes dies, Mini Dimensionals

7 comments:

Heather said...

Hah, I think the blues worked out perfectly for this picture, lol, and how gorgeous it came together, too. Sympathy cards are so hard, but this one is sure to bring calm comfort. Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps AND Try Stampin' on Tuesday!

dj said...

I hear ya on the photographing struggle!! I finally bought a photo box!! Anyway!! I love the blues in this card...since they were called for in this challenge you are a-okay!! Fantastic usage of the summery color palette @ Sunday Stamps...so glad you joined the fun and played along with us!!

Laurie Unger said...

What a wonderful calm sympathy card. I hate making them too. Great use of the sketch. Thanks for playing over at TSOT.

Donna Scholz said...

Christy, I sympathize with sympathy cards not being your favorite theme to make. But I'm sure your friend will appreciate your thoughts and talents. I belong to a group called "Chemo Angels" where I have two "buddies" who are going through chemotherapy to whom I send cards letting them know I am thinking of them. Your card would be a nice one to send them. Thank you for sharing your card and talents with us here at Try Stampin' on Tuesday!!! -Donna

Stef Perry said...

I feel your pain in regards to lighting for photos. It's been a journey for me and I'm still not entirely happy with what I have. But I do love the mix of colors that you used from our color challenge, they make a beautiful card, suitable for either friend, in my opinion. So glad you joined us for this challenge, Christy!

Annette Elliott said...

Your card and colors are perfect for a sympathy/thinking of you card. There is nothing better than giving a heart felt and made card. Wish we didn't have to make and send them. Thanks so much for playing along with the Sunday Stamps! challenge.

libbystamps said...

Love what you have done with this paper! Great card. Thank you for joining us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday this week.