Monday, July 4, 2022

July 4, 2018

Scrappy Monday and do I have the *perfect* layout to share ON July 4th!


Pics are from when Ryan was nearly a year and a half old; we set up a sprinkler in the backyard and he had a ball playing in the water.  I had a ball taking pictures of him, so I'm glad I was able to squish LOTS of the photos on my layout!  In the evening, we set off some small fireworks we'd bought and that scared poor lil Ryan, that's why he's unhappy in the pic with me.  But then he ate some of Dad's apple pie and that made it all better : )  And that's why I used the apple pattern from the old, old Summer Picnic DSP on this page--American as apple pie!


Today's color palette:  Brilliant Blue (I don't have much cardstock left in this color, I've gone into hoarding mode), Real Red, Coastal Cabana, and Whisper White.

If you're celebrating for the 4th, I hope you have a happy and safe celebration, and I recommend that it include apple pie.  And maybe a sprinkler to play in when you're done eating pie.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps: Red White & Blue, Simply Stars, One Smart Cookie, Tart & Tangy
Ink:  Brilliant Blue, Real Red, Garden Green, Early Espresso
Paper:  Brilliant Blue textured, Coastal Cabana, Thick Whisper White, Summer Picnic DSP
Accessories:  star punch, 1 3/8" square punch, hexagon punch 

1 comment:

Tanya said...

This layout is perfect!!!
My son reacted similarly when he was nearly 1 and he still doesn't like fireworks at all. Good luck!