Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Out to Sea with SUO Challenges

Hey hey, ready for a new challenge from SUO Challenges?


Our theme this time is nautical and sea life, so let's go out to sea!  A quick look through my current stamps showed that I have just ONE sea-related image so....how about a mermaid?


I had the idea to pair her with the New Horizons DSP which sold out quick last month, hope you got some for your collection.  I love how the watercolor patterns look with the mermaid and I had fun choosing three to go with my sketch, which was a sketch challenge last month and I liked it so I had to use it again.  I fussy-cut the mermaid and popped her up on Dimensionals, and I must admit that cutting out her hair was pretty fiddly but I like how it turned out.  She's a celestial mermaid!

I'm sure you have some kind of nautical or sea life stamps in your collection, and of course mythical sea creatures count too ; )  Share your creation on the SUO Challenges blog and have fun!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Pure Magic
Ink:  Blackberry Bliss, Stampin' Blends in Fresh Freesia, Rich Razzleberry, Petal Pink
Paper:  Fresh Freesia, Thick Basic White, New Horizons DSP Stack
Accessories:  Stylish Shapes dies, Dimensionals

1 comment:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love the combo of the mermaid with those papers Christy - it gives your whole card a beautiful, ethereal feel. And I love purple, so definitely ticks my box! Hoping to play along at some point this month.