Sunday, July 3, 2022

Green Thumb for the Paper Players

Sunday once again, and that means it's time for a new Paper Players challenge!  I'm so glad they invited me to be a guest designer for them this year, I've been having such a fun time : )  Here's the new theme challenge:


I have to say, my house is where plants come to die...I very much do NOT have a green thumb, mine are both black!  (And sometimes all my fingers are multicolored, ha!)  Paper flowers are the only ones I can grow.  We do have five orchid plants in our kitchen window, but my hubs is solely responsible for keeping those alive, I can claim no credit for that!  Happily, I can have all the paper flowers I want in my craft room.


If you're wondering if I used last week's sketch *again*, you are correct!  I made this when I was on my sketch spree for last week's challenge and decided when I got to TEN cards that I should probably split them up between the challenges : )  So I used last week's sketch and the beautiful and rainbow-y Hues of Happiness DSP to make several more cards!


I'm a bit of a hoarder when it comes to pretty papers, so I kinda had to force myself to cut into this paper, but I'm so glad I did.  I had fun playing with the different colors and fussy cutting the flowers (I don't have the coordinating stamp and die bundle). 


This is a bit more liberal take on the sketch, I thought the center stripe on the DSP could stand in for the horizontal layer on the sketch.  And this paper is so pretty that I didn't want to cover it up if I could help it.  It was fun picking and choosing which flowers to fussy cut for my cards, so many choices!

Hope you'll have a good time with this theme too!  Don't forget to upload your green thumb creations at the Paper Players blog.  Have fun!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Simply Succulents, Bamboo Beauty
Ink:  Mossy Meadow
Paper:  Daffodil Delight, Gorgeous Grape, Mossy Meadow, Thick Basic White, Hues of Happiness DSP
Accessories:  Potted Succulents dies, Dimensionals

The Paper Players Design Team

Cindy Beach

Christy Stanford <-- You are here : )

9 comments:

laurie said...

awesome set of cards..love all the pretty colors!

Jennie Maier said...

Christy, love all your floral cards! Isn't it great to get a big batch done! Have a great week!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I'm glad you loved that sketch Christy - definitely a keeper lol! From one paper hoarder to another, I know what you mean about cutting up this beautiful paper - I immediately bought a second pack so that I could cut up the first one with gay abandon!! I love all of these cards, those florals are so colourful and cheery. As for your green thumbs - I love orchids but have never managed to keep one alive. I don't do so well with houseplants, but I'm not too bad outside (although veg more than flowers are really my thing!)

LeAnne said...

LOL, I did notice the sketch, but hey....a good sketch is a good sketch! And you've used this one beautifully! ALL those flowers are gorgeous!

Jaydee said...

Christy, what a wonderful way to showcase this gorgeous paper - I love all of the cards you made with it... but the yellow... it's bright color reminds me of the first warmth of the rays of the sun in spring. Fabulous
hugs
jaydee

Cindy Beach said...

I'm so proud of you for creating with this beautiful paper! Love your gorgeous array of blooms Especially in the yellow and pink hues! I am totally in your camp as far as real plants taking their chances when they come to live with me!

Claire Broadwater said...

I love ALL of these beauties! I especially love the red/pink and yellow combo! Just a gorgeous way to showcase these beautiful papers, too!

Ann Schach said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! What a stunning collection of cards, Christy! You have inspired me to use these papers, instead of just hoarding them. lol You definitely have a Green PAPER Thumb! Have a wonderful weekend!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Christy, this has to be one of my favorite DSP pack ever! LOVE all of the gorgeous cards you created!