Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Retro Leaf Trio

Hey stampy friends!  I had kind of an off day in my craft room yesterday, it took a lot of work to get my brain to settle down and create something, but I got there eventually.  Hope today's crafty session is a bit less like pulling teeth.  In the meantime, I have a new card using some older stamps to share today.


I made this for the Retro Rubber tic-tac-toe challenge:


I managed to do both of the diagonals--and wow for some reason the word "diagonal" isn't playing properly in my brain, I had to try spelling it three times and it still looks weird but my computer says it's right.  Hmm.  Anyway, I've got circles, green, patterned paper, die cuts, and nature on here.  The leaves and sentiment are from Rooted in Nature, which is a fabulous stamp set that I've had for four years and I'm surprised they retired it as quickly as they did.  For the circles behind my leaves, I stamped on some texture with a stamp from Nature's Harvest, which isn't quite a year old yet so it doesn't qualify as retro.  I took my colors from the coordinating Nature's Poem DSP, with a strip of Blackberry Bliss pattern paired with Mint Macaron and the retired (but still beautiful) Tranquil Tide.  It was fun to break out that retired color again.

Time to head up to the craft room and try to be productive.  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Rooted in Nature, Nature's Harvest
Ink:  Tranquil Tide
Paper:  Mint Macaron, Tranquil Tide, Thick Basic White, Nature's Poem DSP
Accessories:  Nature's Roots dies, Stylish Shapes dies, Dimensionals, Rustic Metal embellishments

4 comments:

Heather said...

Very cool, Christy, I love this set! What a cool way to play with shapes and the colors - green and purple is my fave combo, lol. You did good - I always struggle when I have a bad brain day, too! Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber!

LeAnne said...

I love this...of course, I gravitate towards things in threes, so it caught my eye right away! So happy you chose to play with our TTT grid this week!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

WOW!! How clever of you to use both diagonal lines on the grid, the result is one fabulous card!!
Oh!! And you are not alone when it comes to having trouble in the craft room, some times my brain just doesn't want to cooperate so I just walk away from my desk and come back a little later, it always works.
Thank you for playing with us at RETRO RUBBER.
Stay healthy and safe.
XO
Maria-DT

Jane Knudsen said...

Christy - your "off" day made a beautiful card! I love the colors and the simplicity of this card! Well done! Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber!