Sunday, July 31, 2022

Blue Wishes for the Paper Players

Good morning, stampy friends!  I'm a bit late with my Paper Players post today, but it's been a loooong week.  Last weekend we went to Switzerland for a few days, which was awesome, and then when we came back both the hubs and I came down with Covid.  I spent most of the last week feeling like I'd been hit by a truck : (  We're getting better, but I've still got a ways to go before I'm fully recovered.  But here I am finally with my post for the Paper Players!  Check out Claire's Tic-Tac-Toe challenge:


Some fun options on there, am I right?  I elected to go for the middle row, die cut - blue - patterned paper.  Here's what I made:


This was actually the first card I made with Nature's Prints when I got it earlier this summer.  I bought the stamp set and coordinating DSPs (Sun Prints and Pretty Prints) on a whim for some scrapbook pages and I'm so glad I did, I've enjoyed playing with them.  You'll see the scrapbook pages later this fall : )  Anyway, this card came together super quickly because I loosely based the layout on a past Paper Players sketch.  Work smarter, not harder, right?

We hope you'll join us for this fun tic-tac-toe challenge and upload your card at the Paper Players blog.  Have fun stamping!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Nature's Prints
Ink:  Starry Sky, Night of Navy
Paper:  Gray Granite, Pacific Point, Night of Navy, Thick Basic White, Sun Prints DSP
Accessories:  Natural Prints dies, Waves of the Ocean rhinestones, Dimensionals

The Paper Players Design Team

Cindy Beach

Christy Stanford <-- You are here : )

8 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

So sorry to hear that your recent Swiss break ended with the 'gift' of a bout of Covid - that's rotten luck! The soft grey highlights the blue elements on your card beautifully and the whole thing is a great showcase of the elements in this suite. Best wishes for a full recovery this week!

Nora Noll said...

This is so pretty!! I LOVE that pattern paper. The stamped image is gorgeous!!

Cindy Beach said...

Christy, I hope you will be feeling much better soon. Covid is no fun. Your card, however is a stunner!

Jennie Maier said...

Christy, this is pretty! And you nailed the challenge! Glad you got to get away but that stinks that you aren't feeling well! Feel better soon and have a good week!

Jaydee said...

Ugh... hope you are feeling better! Everyone I know who has traveled recently, has picked it up! Fabulous card, love the focus on the blue.
hugs
jaydee

Ann Schach said...

Oh, Christy! I am so sorry your lovely trip to Switzerland ended with COVID when you returned home. However, it doesn't seem to have affected your creativity. This card is absolutely stunning! Take care...and continue to rest up!

Claire Broadwater said...

I am so sorry you have been sick with the treaded C!!!!!! Hope you are feeling much better today! I love your gorgeous card! These shades of blue are fabulous! Sure to make someone happy that receives this beauty in the mail! Thanks for making my challenge shine this week!

LeAnne said...

Oh no, hope you have no lasting effects from Covid! Your card is very pretty and I"m glad you powered through to create a card. Love that sketch, BTW!