Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Getting Into Hot Water

Mornin' y'all.  I got a letter from a friend last week and she's having a really tough time right now (to say the least), and since I can't fly to where she is and give her a hug, I decided to send her some tea and chocolate.  And a card.


I love a nice cuppa tea when I'm not feeling quite the thing (and lots of times when I feel just fine, thankyouverymuch) which is why I decided to send my friend some tea.  And a fancy new teacup too.  I pulled out a lot of retired stuff for this one : )

My starting point was the sketch from Sunday Stamps:


I was looking for some different patterned paper so I could make this card to fit in another challenge too, but I ran across the Tea & Crumpets paper from a looooong time ago and I took a left turn to use it.  I need to get the package all ready to go and mail it off; I hope it makes my friend smile even if I can't do anything to fix her problems.

Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  A Nice Cuppa, Favorite Thoughts
Ink:  So Saffron, Always Artichoke
Paper:  So Saffron, Thick Basic White, Tea & Crumpets DSP
Accessories:  Cups & Kettle dies, Chalk Talk dies, Stitched So Sweetly dies, Dimensionals

4 comments:

Melissa Grant said...

Christy, Very sweet card and nice use of the sketch! This should send some cheer to your friend. Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps!

Heather said...

Christy, I had to laugh when I saw this card - I pulled out just this combo last week for a Retro Rubber card! So funny. This is sure to cheer your friend up - best wishes to her, and to you, for being such a great friend with this beautiful card! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

Tanya said...

This is absolutely lovely! Care packages go a long way in cheering people up, so that's a perfect way to help.

Stef Perry said...

Such a thoughtful gift Christy and a sweet card to accompany it! Thanks for sharing with us at Sunday Stamps!