Tuesday, September 14, 2021

SUO Challenges: People

 Happy Tuesday, y'all, and welcome to a brand new challenge from SUO Challenges!


Our theme this time is people.  As it happens, I don't have any current stamp sets with people...I do have Beauty of Tomorrow, which has the word "people" in one of the sentiments, but no people images.  So I jumped way far back in the time machine for a stamp set that came out in 2004!


I kinda sorta permanently "borrowed" Summer by the Sea (and two other sets) from my mother, but she's never once noticed or mentioned it so I think they're mine now ; )  Still, this is the first time I've used this particular set and I had SO MUCH FUN doing it!  I love taking old stamp sets and using them with new stuff, like Stampin' Blends!  I kept the coloring on this one quick and loose to go with the sketchy style of the artwork and I love how it turned out.

Now it's your turn!  Make something to go with our keyword "People" and share it on the SUO Challenges blog.  Don't forget that retired Stampin' Up! sets are fair game : )  Most important, have fun!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Summer by the Sea, Simply Succulents
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin' Blends in Pale Papaya, Cinnamon Cider, Calypso Coral, Petal Pink, Old Olive & Balmy Blue
Paper:  Cinnamon Cider, Pale Papaya, Thick Basic White, Hand-Penned DSP
Accessories:  Stitched So Sweetly dies, Potted Succulents dies, Dimensionals, retired Glitter Enamel Dots

1 comment:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love this Christy! I wondered what the stamp set was - I love the others that this artist has drawn more recently; I think if I could 'borrow' one of these long term I would too! Love your cinnamon/peach colour scheme too.