Tuesday, September 7, 2021

The Changing of Leaves

Hey hey, y'all, how's it going?  I'm excited I got to play with a couple of my new stamp sets for today's card!


The sentiment is from Beauty of Tomorrow, and the rest of the stamps are from Gorgeous Leaves--no joke, the leaf stamps are definitely gorgeous!  So are the Intricate Leaves dies that coordinate.  Just when I think I have enough leaf stamp sets they come up with something new and different that I just *have* to have ;)

I made this card for three different challenges.  First up is the Festive Friday challenge:


I used pearls (happily for me I found some retired ones in a yellow that I thought jived well with the rest of my card), leaves, and two die cuts.  The splat stamps kinda look like spritzing too.

Next up is the Inkspirational challenge:


Yes please.  I love making things with autumn leaves and all the gorgeous autumn colors!  Speaking of which, here's the color palette from Sunday Stamps:


In SU parlance, I read the palette as Terracotta Tile (retired), Mango Melody, Bumblebee, Mellow Moss (long retired), and Very Vanilla; the only color I didn't use was the green.  I worried a bit that the Mango Melody was going to be way too bright to play well with the Terracotta Tile and Bumblebee, but to my surprise the Bumblebee toned it down quite a lot.  The splats behind the leaf die cut are in both colors, and on the card base the splatters are in Bumblebee while the small leaves are in Mango Melody.  And like I said above, the pearls are actually pale yellow, I think they were supposed to be So Saffron?  But they worked with the rest of the colors too.  Love it when that happens.

Hope your week is off to a good start.  We enjoyed our holiday yesterday!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Gorgeous Leaves, Beauty of Tomorrow
Ink:  Bumblebee, Mango Melody, Early Espresso
Paper:  Bumblebee, Terracotta Tile, Very Vanilla
Accessories:  Intricate Leaves dies, Rectangles Stitched dies, linen thread, retired yellow pearls

5 comments:

Tanya said...

This is gorgeous! I love the autumn leaves too and your colors worked beautifully!

Heather said...

What a perfect pairing - this sentiment is just right for the beautiful leaf! I've been resisting more leaf sets - your are not helping, lol! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

Melanie Hungerford said...

Wonderful fall card, love the effect of the splatter stamp behind the leaf. Thank you for joining us at Festive Friday!

Sharon Hashimoto Burkert said...

Lovely card! The splatters add so much interest and texture to your card. Thank you for playing along with the Festive Friday Challenge!

Pia S said...

Oh, what a fantastic quote, so true. I like the subtle stamping on the cardbase and the splatter effect on the panel is a really nice effect too. Thanks for playing along in our Autumn leaves challenge at Inkspirational.