Thursday, September 16, 2021

Parisian Freesia

Mornin' y'all, how's it going?  I had yesterday off so I did my usual routine of laundry and working in my craft room :)  I made a super-girly card to share today.


I pulled out an old favorite stamp set for this one, Artistic Etchings.  I used the color combination from Global Design Project:


When I saw it, Fresh Freesia was the first color to pop in my head, and then I thought about how everyone did pink + black + white with this stamp set and I just had to try it with purple instead and I lurve it. 

I also used the sketch from Retro Rubber:


My first thought was to use the Basic Borders dies for the scallop on the left side of the sketch, but none of the dies is a straight scallop like that and then my brain was like WAIT, there's a punch for that!  So my punch is retro (haha) as well as my stamp set.  I've had Artistic Etchings since 2011 so it's now 10 years old, and I enjoyed this excuse to pull it out and ink it up again.

Have a great Thursday, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Artistic Etchings (retired)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Fresh Freesia
Paper:  Fresh Freesia, Basic Black, Thick Basic White, Fresh Freesia DSP
Accessories:  Scallop border punch (retired), Layering Circles dies, Dimensionals, Wink of Stella, In Color Rhinestones

2 comments:

Jan Clothier said...

Black, White and Fresh Freesia - a combination spectacular! Love what you've done with this sketch. The soft sponging around the main image is great. Thanks for joining us again at Retro Rubber Challenge.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Christy, I love the colors you picked to create your card, so very feminine and elegant at the same time.
Thank you for playing with us at RETRO RUBBER.
Stay healthy and safe.
XO