Saturday, September 18, 2021

Butterfly Beginning

Mornin' y'all!  Alas, I did not get to sleep in this morning, because I have a 4-year-old who rousted me and the hubs out of bed at 6:45 this morning.  When said 4-year-old is a teenager, I am 100% going to wake him up early every Saturday when he'd rather sleep till noon.

Anyway!  I made another card on my day off on Wednesday that I have to share before challenges expire.


I used the Color Throwdown challenge for my colors:


Misty Moonlight, Pool Party, Pear Pizzazz, and a mix of dark Pale Papaya/light Pumpkin Pie blends for the butterfly.  That's a gorgeous inspiration pic too.

I had another go at this week's Freshly Made Sketch too:

My squares are much larger than the original sketch because that's the size of the stamps in Watercolor Shapes.  You might have skipped right over that set in the catalog, but I enjoy finding ways to use it for sketches like this :)

Alas, my tea mug is empty, so I must go and replenish it.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Butterfly Brilliance, Watercolor Shapes, In Your Words
Ink:  Misty Moonlight, Pool Party, Pear Pizzazz, Stampin' Blends in Pale Papaya, Pumpkin Pie
Paper:  Thick Basic White
Accessories:  Brilliant Wings dies, Dimensionals, Wink of Stella

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Wonderful design!

Jacquie Southas said...

You are on a roll with this sketch! Love the inky squares. Thanks for playing along with us at FMS again.

Wanda Cullen said...

Really love your take on the Throwdown colors! Such a great layout! So glad you joined in the challenge this week!

Broni said...

Ohhhh...so pretty!!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown this week!

Linda Callahan said...

Your background squares are beautifully inked! Love the butterfly! Glad you joined us at FMS!

Cécile RIBON said...

Wow! Your "Watercolor Shapes" squares make such a creative take on the sketch! Love it! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches this week.