Tuesday, September 28, 2021

SUO Challenges: Oktoberfest

Happy Tuesday, y'all!  This is my only day off this week so as soon as I get this blog post written, I'm running up to my craft room so I can play with paper until time to pick up my kiddo :)  And it's time for a new challenge at SUO Challenges!


Our theme this time is Oktoberfest!  I've lived in Germany for just over a year now and I haven't gotten to go to any Oktoberfestivities (Germans like to squish words together to make new giant words, I'm getting in the spirit of things).  Last year and this year, Oktoberfest has been canceled due to *waves hand around* you know what I mean.  But that doesn't mean we can't celebrate in our crafting spaces or our own houses!  So here's what I made:


Once again I have reached for a long-retired stamp set!  I bought Cheers to You specifically for a scrapbook layout (see it here) and I've used it a few times since then, which is amusing to me because I don't drink alcohol as a general rule.  I don't have anything against it, I just don't like it ;)  Anyway, when I was working on today's card, I started with Bumblebee cardstock because it's beer-colored, and I thought what color would go well with that?  And I chose Poppy Parade, and then I used black for the stamps and whaddya know, my card is also inspired by the German flag!  I used the chalk marker for the foam on top of the beer glasses.

Your turn!  Celebrate Oktoberfest with your own paper craft and show it off on the SUO Challenges blog.  As they say in Germany, PROST!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Cheers to You
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, chalk marker
Paper:  Poppy Parade, Bumblebee, Basic Black, Thick Basic White
Accessories:  square punch, scalloped square punch, Dimensionals

No comments: