Thursday, September 2, 2021

Sympathy in Blues

Hey y'all!  I'm happy to report that I did *everything* on yesterday's to-do list.  I don't have a written list for today, but I'm still trucking along.  This morning I worked on unmounting about a dozen stamp sets; have to do that when the kiddo is in daycare since it involves a hot knife.  It took me THREE HOURS!!!  I've got nine more sets to do in the next batch (or I will have them to do whenever they arrive in my mailbox) and three of those are alphabet sets, so yeah that's going to take a while.

In the meantime, I have a card to share today.  I hate making sympathy cards.


My friend's dog died earlier this week (not entirely unexpected, as she was quite aged for a canine) so I made this for my friend.  I started with this week's Freshly Made Sketch, rotated 90 degrees to the right:


As luck would have it, Color Throwdown had this excellent muted palette this week, which I think is perfect for a sympathy card:


I used Misty Moonlight, Smoky Slate, and Seaside Spray and I just realized I left off white! Oops.  Coincidentally I used this same color combination on another sympathy card a couple of years ago.

Okay, looking at that inspo picture makes me realize I need another cuppa tea :)  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Pampered Pets
Ink:  Misty Moonlight
Paper:  Seaside Spray, Smoky Slate, Pattern Party DSP, Smoky Slate DSP
Accessories:  dog punch, Rectangles Stitched dies, Dimensionals

3 comments:

Kim S said...

I love your use of these gentle colors for a sympathy card - such lovely patterns and so perfect for the sketch! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Judy Rozema said...

Such a sweet card for your friend. I love all the shades of blue! Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches this week! And I have always loved your pirate avatar!

Karren said...

Such a sweet card and so thoughtful of you to make it for your friend. And the sketch looks fabulous turned on its side. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.