Monday, April 10, 2023

April 2020

Scrappy Monday, y'all!  Hope you had a good weekend.  The hubs is off work and kiddo is off school today so we're going to go see a movie this afternoon.  We had a good Easter yesterday--the hubs talked Ryan out of trying to trap the Easter Bunny because then no one would get treats, so the Easter Bunny was free to leave Ryan a bucket with far too much candy (seriously, Ryan was on a serious sugar high before his parents even woke up yesterday), a couple of books and small toys, and a giant whoopie cushion.  Don't ask me why.  The weather was beautiful yesterday so we went for a bike ride in the afternoon and then had a nice ham for dinner, followed by cherry pie.  Usually I'd make dessert from scratch but I decided to be lazy, and I got a frozen cherry pie at the store for ONE DOLLAR.  No, it's not as good as homemade, but it sure took less time and effort on my part.

Anyway, on to the scrapbook pages!  Today's layout also has to do with food, this time cookies:


Nothing's Better Than and the coordinating Love You More Than dies are both retiring, I don't even know if they've sold out or not because I've owned them for years : )  I just used the dies here, the baking-related stamps on the left page are (gasp) non-SU.  Originally I had a small group of April pictures and then a set of bathtub barber shop pictures and planned to do two layouts, but when I got to them I elected to combine them for one layout.


I'm always looking for color combinations with either Real Red or Poppy Parade because red is Ryan's favorite color and I think at least 75% of his clothes are red.  This combination might have come from the Color Coach, but I think it worked with my photos:  Daffodil Delight, Poppy Parade, Lucky Limeade, and Whisper White.  You could easily sub in either Granny Apple Green or Old Olive for the Lucky Limeade, which has been retired for a long time.  Anyway, I had fun working on this layout and if I'm lucky, maybe I'll get some craft room time today even with my boys at home.

Have a great day, y'all!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Full Calendar, Made from Scratch (Newton's Nook)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark, Stampin' Blends in Poppy Parade, Old Olive, Pool Party, Ivory
Paper:  Daffodil Delight, Poppy Parade, Lucky Limeade, Thick Basic White, Celebrate Everything DSP, Lucky Limeade DSP
Accessories:  White EP, Tags & Labels Framelits, Love You More Than dies, Made from Scratch dies (Newton's Nook), ticket corner punch

1 comment:

Tanya said...

So fun! I love the bright colors AND the bathtub idea for a hair cut!
I have also used the Nothings Better Than for cookie pages in the spring of 2020, lol. It was a good way to spend some time!