Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Guest Designer: Retro Tulips

Surprise bonus post for today!  I'm a guest designer for Retro Rubber :)  I've guested there a couple of times and it's always fun!  So here's the new challenge for today:


I made my card before the retiring lists came out and wouldn't you know, Flowering Tulips is on the list.  Here's what made:


Flowering Tulips is just one year old but it counts for the Retro Challenge.  Seems like I used the sentiments from this set more than the flowers themselves, and when I did use the flowers I always used the long stem stamps too, so this time I thought I'd do a little flower arranging with the flowers and leaves and no stems.  The tulips have started blooming in the blumen feld near our house (that's a pick-your-own-flowers field that's just down the road from us, they have different kinds of flowers all spring and summer) so we'll have to go get some fresh-cut tulips soon!

After I finished my first card, I still had some flowers and leaves left over so I made another card:


and I colored some plain rhinestones with my Poppy Parade Blends to match my tulip on here.


So there's both cards, and I didn't even know when I made them that So Saffron would be retiring.  I am really looking forward to seeing Lemon Lolly in person though, it looks like it'll be a clearer shade of pale yellow rather than dusty like So Saffron.  I love getting to see new colors : )

Anywha, don't forget to upload a springtastic card on the Retro Rubber blog.  Have fun!

Supplies, love card:
Stamps:  Flowering Tulips
Ink:  So Saffron, Poppy Parade, Soft Succulent, Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper:  Poppy Parade, So Saffron, Thick Basic White, So Saffron DSP
Accessories:  Tulips dies, Timeless Labels dies, Dimensionals, white sequins

Supplies, birthday card:
Stamps:  Flowering Tulips
Ink:  So Saffron, Poppy Parade, Soft Succulent, Night of Navy, Poppy Parade Blends
Paper:  So Saffron, Thick Basic White, So Saffron DSP
Accessories:  Tulips dies, Stylish Shapes dies, Dimensionals, rhinestones

3 comments:

Tanya said...

I really like the color combo on these tulips! So happy and fun and it works great!

Claire Grantham said...

Always great to have you as GDT Christy. I love the bright happy colours of your cards. I also love the big bold sentiments. Claire DT x

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Can't believe I missed these Christy - I love them both! I especially love the composition of the first one - pinned to CASE, so thank you!