Thursday, April 6, 2023

Dreamy Butterflies

Mornin'  y'all!  I had a lovely lunch yesterday with my friend Krissy and gave her the dinosaur picture I framed for her.  She was just as excited about it as I thought she would be and said it will go in a place of honor in her office when she moves house.  Yay!  When I got home, I had just enough time to make a couple of cards but not to do any laundry, strange how that happened.  Anyway, here's my card for today:


I love Butterfly Brilliance and its accompanying dies, but I hadn't used them in a long time--since last July!  Now they're on the retiring list but they'll always have a home in my craft room.  I was inspired by the umbrellas in the top right of the Hand-Stamped Sentiments challenge graphic:


I do love the tulips in the lower left, too, but that's for another time.  For today's card, I chose a Balmy Blue pattern for a sky, and then chose colors from the umbrellas in the picture:  Magenta Madness, Mango Melody (which doesn't look as orangey as I thought it should, but one of my (already retired) Blends is a bit dried out), and Rich Razzleberry.  The butterflies and sentiment are all stamped with Night of Navy ink.

Say hello to the Sunday Stamps sketch:


Seems like it's been very popular, I feel like I've been seeing cards made with this sketch all over for the past few days.  And it is a fun one!

Okay, I should probably chuck the towels in the washer and let it do its thing while I work in my craft room today.  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Butterfly Brilliance, Stepping Stones
Ink:  Night of Navy, Stampin' Blends in Magenta Madness, Mango Melody, Rich Razzleberry, Night of Navy
Paper:  Pear Pizzazz, Night of Navy, Thick Basic White, Regency Park DSP Stack
Accessories:  Brilliant Wings dies, Opaque Gems, white baker's twine, Dimensionals

6 comments:

dj said...

Beautiful butterfly card!! Thanks for joining the fun and playing along with our sketch challenge over at Sunday Stamps!! You rocked our tied up trio sketch with your beautiful butterflies!!
Deb Horst, DT #SSC306

Heather said...

Just gorgeous! Love your coloring of the sweet butterflies - I love all things purple, lol, and what a great take on our sketch too! I'm a firm believer that ALL sketches are "any shape!" Thanks so much for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments AND Sunday Stamps!

Stampin Expressions said...

Such a clever use of the umbrellas to create these beautiful butterflies! I love when I see the creative process that people use from the inspiration pics! Thanks for joining the hand stamped sentiments challenge!

Annette Elliott said...

Your butterflies just pop off your card! Love your coloring and layout. A beautiful creation! Thanks so much for playing along with this weeks challenge at Sunday Stamps!

Jenny Engelke said...

I can totally tell which photos you drew your inspiration from! The butterflies are lovely. Thanks for sharing this with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

Jolanda Johnstone said...

Great interpretation of the chosen inspiration photo. I love Butterfly Brillance and it will also be in my craft space. Love the colors as and layout. So glad you joined us at HSS this round. Cheers, Jolanda - DT