Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Kind Succulents

Mornin' y'all!  I made this card last week but I'm sliding in just under the wire to enter it at Festive Friday, take a look:


And here's the inspo list for the challenge:


The first item, kindness sentiment, made me think of Simply Succulents right away.  I used that plus alcohol markers and two shades of blue (Night of Navy and Misty Moonlight) for my card.  I thought it would be fun to incorporate the large die for the background, so I cut it out of the Night of Navy card front, backed it with some Country Gingham DSP, and then put another piece of Night of Navy cardstock on the back of it so the inside of the card is solid navy (well, I added a piece of Basic White so I can write in the card, but you know what I mean).  Then I just put on some music and went to town coloring in the succulents, which takes a while but it's kind of relaxing.

That's it for me today, cheers peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Simply Succulents
Ink:  Night of Navy, Stampin' Blends in Mint Macaron, Misty Moonlight, Highland Heather, Flirty Flamingo
Paper:  Night of Navy, Thick Basic White, Country Gingham DSP Stack
Accessories:  Potted Succulents dies, Polished Dots, Dimensionals

3 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I had totally overlooked that sentiment Christy but how lovely! And I'm totally with you - colouring can be so theraputic, I love it too. Thanks for sharing with us over at Festive Friday this week!

Jaydee said...

Christy, love that sentiment! I also love the background you created - so bold and full of texture. I totally agree about coloring! So glad you shared this beauty with us at Festive Friday this week
Jaydee

Beth McCullough said...

The succulents are so beautifully colored!! Great card, Christy! Thanks for joining us at Festive Friday Challenge :)