Saturday, April 8, 2023

Bonus Butterfly

Hey y'all, how's it going?  I didn't get to make anything in my craft room yesterday, but I did start moving things around to get ready for the new catalog--rearranging my ink pads and markers, and other organizational things that I'd been putting off like mounting several stamps on cling mount.  Once all my new cardstock gets here (oh man I stocked up, it's a little ridiculous), I'll have to reorganize my 12x12 storage and move the colors around to align with the color refresh so I'll be able to find things.  So lots of work happening in my craft room yesterday and pretty soon I'll have to start prepping it all to get moved back to the States.

But let's not think about that right now, I have a card to share!


Butterfly Brilliance is a single stamp with six butterfly images on it, and the die cuts out all six at once; when I made my butterfly card a couple of days ago, I stamped and die cut all six images so I had three more left over after that card.  So I thought I'd use one of them for this card, thanks to the Inspired By Nature challenge:


No bunny on my card, but I chose that patterned paper on Crumb Cake as a nod to the bunny in the inspo pic.  I used Orchid Oasis with some So Saffron highlights for the butterfly.  I also used the sketch:


My card came together super fast and now I have a pretty spring creation to send out soon.  I've been sending cards to two friends who are undergoing treatment for breast cancer; one of them messaged me yesterday with a picture--she'd taken several cards I had sent her and put them in a collage frame and it's hanging up in her house.  I know my other friend puts hers up on her mantle so she can see them every day.  And it gives me the warm fuzzies to know that my cards help brighten up their days a bit when they're going through treatment, so I will continue to send those out every week.

Have a great Easter weekend if you celebrate, peeps!  (And have a great weekend even if you don't celebrate Easter...that chocolate candy still tastes good, ha!)

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Butterfly Brilliance, Beautiful Thistle
Ink:  Night of Navy, Stampin' Blends in Orchid Oasis, So Saffron, Night of Navy
Paper:  Orchid Oasis, Night of Navy, Thick Basic White, Crumb Cake DSP
Accessories:  Stitched Rectangles dies, Stylish Shapes dies, Brilliant Wings dies, Dimensionals, Wink of Stella, retired Share What You Love Artisan Pearls

1 comment:

Laurel said...

This is such a great card! I love how you were inspired - so pretty. Thanks for playing along