Thursday, April 13, 2023

Spring Flowers

Mornin' y'all!  Tell you what, the weather in Germany is taking that whole "April showers" thing seriously--I've gotten soaked two days in a row when I had to be out and about running errands.  But that means that spring flowers can't be far behind, and that's what's on my card today:


I had pulled out The Gifts of Spring for another card a while back, and then I left it out on my stamp table because I knew I'd want to use it again for the new Retro Rubber Challenge:


The Gifts of Spring is really, really REALLY retro--I've had it for seventeen years and in fact used it for my first ever upload to Splitcoast.  (Um, I have not updated my gallery there in...a long time.)  Not only are my stamps retro, so is the patterned paper (I think it's 3-4 years old?) and the embellishment--do you remember when they had Candy Dots in all the SU! colors?  I still have quite a few but I'm trying to do better about using things and not hoarding them.

Thought I'd play along with the Paper Players too:


I used So Saffron (retiring), Petal Pink, and Soft Sea Foam.  I've used Soft Sea Foam more often recently, it usually is not one I gravitate towards.  Anyway, I had wanted to try out some of the new colors like Lemon Lolly, but I didn't get them until yesterday after Ryan's doc appointment so I haven't gotten to play with them yet.  That's on my list of things to do today, if my doggo guests will allow me to work in my craft room!  I'm taking care of my friend Krissy's dogs for a few days while they're having their house packed out.  It's nice having dogs in the house again!

Okay, gotta go switch out laundry too.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  The Gifts of Spring (long retired)
Ink:  Gray Granite, Stampin' Blends in So Saffron, Petal Pink, Soft Sea Foam, Pool Party
Paper:  So Saffron, Gray Granite, Thick Basic White, Soft Sea Foam & Petal Pink DSP
Accessories:  Candy Dot, Dimensionals

5 comments:

Jaydee said...

Christy, I love the mix of the polka dot and flower DSPs - they are so bright and cheery. Your little squirrel looks as though he is wondering through the flowers having such fun. So glad you shared this with us at Festive Friday this week
Jaydee

Tanya said...

This is so sweet!
I have been using up my Candy Dots too, haha!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

So pretty Christie - your stamped image looks just like the RR inspo photo! A great way to showcase these colours. Looking forward to seeing your preorder goodies - I'm still waiting for mine to arrive :-( Thanks for playing with my pastels challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Such a sweet card, Christy! Thanks so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players! Hope the weather dries out soon and you have sunny skies ahead. :)

Heather said...

Oh, just perfect! Love these flowers, and sweet sentiment! Your soft colors are just right - sending some sunny weather your way! Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber!