Wednesday, April 12, 2023

The Birthday Squirrel

Someone please tell me how I could go to bed at 9:30 last night and still feel so tired!  I did get up and do my workout this morning but all I want to do is crawl back in bed.  But I have things I need to do instead, so might as well get after it.

Anyway!  I have a fun card to share today.


Okay yeah I'm a little bit obsessed with that last Paper Players sketch and I had to use it again.  And I love the squirrels in Nuts About You!  It's on the retirement list, so best snatch it now or you'll be sad and squirrelless.  I've stamped these squirrels in might-be-found-in-nature neutral colors and also several times in technicolor and I loves them.  Anyway!  (Did I say that already?)  I'm entering this at Festive Friday, just under the wire:


From the list, I used twine, fur (that squirrel looks furry to me), spots, and a birthday sentiment.  It took me several tries to figure out how I wanted to do the twine, but I ended up with two strands and a simple bow.  I added a few Calypso Coral gems for accents and called it done.

I have to pick Ryan up early from school for a doctor's appointment, so I'd better get started on what I want to get done this morning.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Nuts About Squirrels
Ink:  Starry Sky, Calypso Coral
Paper:  Crushed Curry, Starry Sky, Thick Basic White, Butterfly Kisses DSP Stack
Accessories:  Stylish Shapes dies, Dimensionals, Calypso Coral twine, Fine Sparkle Gems

2 comments:

Diane Evans said...

What a fun card. The DSP and the image make this so bright and cheery. Thanks for playing along in the Festive Friday Challenge.

Diane Evans said...

what a bright and cheery card. Thanks for playing along in the Festive Friday Challenge.