Monday, April 17, 2023

The Hermitage

Scrappy Monday, y'all!  I am (very) slowly starting to prep my craft room for our upcoming move...yesterday I pulled all my needle minders off the filing cabinet and packed them up, and went through all the Paper Pumpkin kits and consolidated things to take with me.  I think I'll send those kits in our unaccompanied baggage so I have something I can do for paper crafting when we get to Texas; most of our stuff will probably take close to two months to arrive.

Anyway, today I have a recent layout to share with you:


You can see the original pictures here and here.  This is from when we spent two days exploring St. Petersburg as part of our Baltic cruise in 2014;  the Hermitage is one of those mega museums where you could spend a month of Sundays there and still not see everything, and we were only there for about two hours.  Still, after a while your brain reaches capacity and says no matter what your eyes look at, it won't remember anything because brain too full.


Today's color palette:  Poppy Parade, Just Jade, Pretty Peacock (I really started using this a lot when we found out it was coming back in the new catalog), Crushed Curry, and white.  So why a red color for the page base?  I laid out all my pictures from this place and several had a lot of red in them, so I picked the red cardstock that matched it the most closely.  Then I went through all the pictures and ended up not using any of the red ones *rolls eyes* but the Poppy Parade page base does contrast nicely with the photos.

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Letterpress Alphabet, Rough Edges Alphabet, Artistic Etchings
Ink:  Just Jade, Crushed Curry, Pretty Peacock
Paper:  Poppy Parade, Pretty Peacock, Just Jade, Thick Basic White, Sweet Symmetry DSP, Poppy Parade DSP
Accessories:  None

No comments: