Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Ginkgo Sympathy

Hey y'all, yesterday was a bit rough so minimal chatter from me today.  Thought I'd play along in a color challenge and I made this:


I prefer to make sympathy cards when I don't need them because I hate making them when something bad has happened to someone.  I liked this color challenge from Hand Stamped Sentiments:


I liked the contrast of Blackberry Bliss with the two pastels.  Dug up some old ribbon that I think was from when Blackberry Bliss was an In Color.  No other embellishments because I tend to lean in the CAS direction when it comes to sympathy cards.

Peace, yo.

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Ginkgo Branch
Ink:  Pool Party, Mint Macaron, Blackberry Bliss
Paper:  Mint Macaron, Blackberry Bliss, Thick Basic White, Pool Party DSP
Accessories:  Blackberry Bliss ribbon, Dimensionals

5 comments:

Tanya said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!
Yesterday was super rough here too. UGH. Hope tomorrow is even better!

Heather said...

So pretty, Christy! I've been using this one for sympathy cards, too, and I'm with you on making them ahead, and keeping them low-key, too. Even so, this is so elegant, love this simple and classic layout! Thanks so much for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

Fiona said...

Gorgeous CAS card showcasing our colours wonderfully. I hope you are feeling better now - thanks for playing along with us at HSS again

Jenny Engelke said...

I dug up that old ribbon for my card as well! It divides the mint and pool party colors nicely! Your simple design is perfect for a sympathy card. Nothing flashy, just serene. Thanks for sharing this with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

Stampin Expressions said...

I never thought of using this color combo for a sympathy card, yet it is perfect! You really did a great job of creating a calming card! Thanks for joining the hand stamped sentiments challenge!