Friday, April 14, 2023

Tropical Lolly

Happy Friday, y'all!  I spent some time in my craft room yesterday but I was working a little slower than usual because of my two doggo guests...every time I stood up to get cardstock or die cut something, they'd spring up too like WHAT IS GOING ON and then I'd have to convince them to lay down again.  Even so, I have really missed having dogs in the house!

Anyway, here's the one card I made yesterday.


That, my friends, is the brand new Lemon Lolly in action with Parakeet Party and Shaded Spruce and Lemon Lolly might be the new color I was the most excited about seeing in person, followed by Azure Afternoon, Bubble Bath, and Pecan Pie.  (TBH I am not feeling the new In Colors at all.  Especially Barley Barf...I mean, Wild Wheat. I like brighter colors and they're all so...muted.  And one is barfy.)

Anyway!  I used this week's Freshly Made Sketch:

And the Color Throwdown:


As I mentioned earlier, I used Lemon Lolly, Shaded Spruce, and Parakeet Party for my colors.  This was giving me a tropical vibe so I had to dust off last year's Artfully Layered and you know what?  I still love it : )  It was fun to play with it again!

Okay, I'm going to try to work on some scrapbook pages today.  Wish me luck!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Artfully Layered
Ink:  Lemon Lolly, Shaded Spruce, Versamark
Paper:  Lemon Lolly, Parakeet Party, Shaded Spruce, Thick Basic White
Accessories:  Tropical Layers dies, Stylish Shapes dies, white EP, Dimensionals, white sequins

6 comments:

Donna3d said...

I clicked your card from the Color Throwdown site and it is perfect and so cheerful! Then I got such a good laugh from your write-up! Too funny!

Jacquie Southas said...

Love the happy colors in this design! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week.

Jen Brum said...

This is such a great card! I love that cheery yellow! It's so bright and happy! I am not a big fan of the new In Colours either and Wild Wheat definitely isn't my favourite! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Cécile RIBON said...

Wow! What a super fun take on the sketch! This tropical look is so cheery! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love this Christy - so bright and cheerful!

Broni said...

LOVE this, Christy!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown this week!