Thursday, April 20, 2023

Stylish Swimwear

Well, today is my only work day in a three-week span *shrug* So I'm packing up my stitching project and we'll see if I can work on it while I'm minding the shop at Arts & Crafts today.  Then it'll be back to more moving prep.


I think I bought Sunny Splash last October maybe when they had a sale on all stamp sets?  Anyway, I was waiting for warmer weather to use it and now it's retiring and it's still a high of 52 degrees where I am, so definitely not warm enough for a swimsuit.

Check out this week's Freshly Made Sketch:


And the Color Throwdown:


I just wrote down the color names from the photo rather than converting them to SU! names, so maybe I would have switched to using Parakeet Party, Daffodil Delight, and Tahitian Tide to match the colors better.  But instead I used Lemon Lime Twist, Pineapple Punch, and Bermuda Bay--one returning color, one retired color, and one color that is retiring shortly.  And even though the swimsuit on my card isn't a bikini, it still had to be yellow with polka dots : )

I've got a bit of time before I have to leave for work so I'm going to go make a bit of progress on my current scrapbook layout.  Cheers.

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Sunny Splash
Ink:  Bermuda Bay, Pineapple Punch
Paper:  Bermuda Bay, Thick Basic White, Lemon Lime Twist & Bermuda Bay DSP
Accessories:  Stylish Shapes dies, Happiness Blooms Enamel Dots, Dimensionals

4 comments:

Vickie Z said...

Fun card and those colors work fine!! So happy you joined us at CTD!!

Jacquie Southas said...

Love these fresh, Spring colors! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week.

Jen Brum said...

What a great card Christy! I love that fun colour combination! That bathing suit is so fun! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Broni said...

How cute is this!! You have me wanting summer to hurry up and get here! Thanks for joining us at Color Throwdown this week!