Friday, April 21, 2023

Floral Silhouette

So I went to work at Arts & Crafts yesterday and for the last hour I was there, my coworker was sketching and I was cross stitching, so we were both artsing and craftsing.  Ha!

Bit late with my post today but that's because I just finished making this:


I absolutely love the Enjoy the Journey DSP pack, and when it was made a freebie option for Sale-a-Bration, I got several packs (don't talk to me about my paper hoard).  After seeing Helen Read's post about the silhouette technique, I really wanted to give it a try with the flowers from Greatest Journey.  After creating my blended background, I stamped the line-art image with Starry Sky ink and then used a Starry Sky marker to fill in the image and turn it into a silhouette.  Check out the silhouetted tree on this week's Inspired By Nature challenge:


That picture is what made me think to do an ink blended background for my silhouetted flowers.  I also used the sketch:


As for the colors, I chose the middle three from Sunday Stamps:


I used Melon Mambo, Polished Pink, and Starry Sky.  I think Polished Pink might be my favorite SU! pink to date, which is funny because when it was released I thought we didn't need another shade of pink.  And now it's my favorite : )

Have a good weekend, y'all.  Tomorrow we're attending a birthday party for Ryan's fiancee.  They're both six.  Ha!!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Greatest Journey, Celebrate Sunflowers
Ink:  Polished Pink, Melon Mambo, Starry Sky, Versamark
Paper:  Polished Pink, Melon Mambo, Basic White, Enjoy the Journey DSP
Accessories:  Layering Circles dies, Dimensionals, white EP

5 comments:

Tanya said...

The color combo is fabulous and I love your silhouette.
That DP IS one of the best!!

Heather said...

Oh gosh, Christy, LOVE this! Glorious take on our colors, and so genius to use that DSP. It has been hands-down my fave DSP ever, lol. I stashed up, too, during SAB, totally against my anti-hoarding policy, but I've been using this everywhere! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

dj said...

You rocked our "floral fragrance" challenge colors with your evening sihoutte!! Beautiful & peaceful!! Thanks for playing along with us over at Sunday stamps!! Deb Horst, DT #SSC307

Laurel said...

What a beautiful card!

Annette Elliott said...

Wowza this is stunning! I love the silhouette and your pink blended background. Just beautiful!! Thanks so much for playing along and sharing your creation with us at Sunday Stamps!