Friday, April 7, 2023

Cactus Colorblock

Hey y'all and happy Friday!  I think when Ryan gets home from school today that we're going to start working on his trap for the Easter Bunny, though I question the wisdom of trying to capture a magical creature.  He (Ryan, not the Easter Bunny) says he needs his dad's laundry baskets and lots of rope, so we'll see how this goes.

In the meantime, I have a card to share.


I dusted off the retired Flowering Cactus for today's card because I still love it so much.  Check out this week's Freshly Made Sketch:

As is tradition around here, I paired it with the Color Throwdown:


I used Blushing Bride, Terracotta Tile, and Soft Succulent for my colors, and I was 100% inspired by the picture to use cactus stamps for my card.  I would never in a hundred years have put these colors together on my own so I was surprised by how much I liked them together!  And in general I am no fan of Blushing Bride, I was not sad at all to see it  on the retiring list.  But yeah, these three colors together totally work.

Anyway, I hope you have a good holiday weekend if you celebrate Easter.  I got Ryan an egg-dyeing kit so I predict that I will be eating a lot of boiled eggs next week 'cause no one else in this house will.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Flowering Cactus
Ink:  Soft Succulent, Terracotta Tile
Paper:  Soft Succulent, Thick Basic White, Terracotta Tile & Blushing Bride DSP
Accessories:  Flowering Cactus dies, Stylish Shapes dies, Dimensionals, Polished Dots

3 comments:

dj said...

Beautiful! Fantastic color block take on the Color Throwdown color combo…you really showcased the rust, pink, & green color challenge with your flowering cactus card!! Thanks for play along with the #ctd737 challenge. -Deb Horst, Guest Designer

Lori said...

Great design! These colors work perfectly with the cactus images. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!

Jen Mitchell said...

I love these colors too! They work perfectly with your cactus design! Good luck capturing the Easter bunny...I hear he's an elusive fellow! Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!