Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Peekaboo Pair

Hey y'all, happy Tuesday.  I am currently *trying* to get my new catalog preorder done on the SU! website, but so far I just have the spinning wheel of death.  Arrgh.

Well, I can write a blog post while I wait, right?  So here's my card for today:


Apparently I was in the mood to color because that entire main panel started out white :)  Check out the Paper Players challenge:


I was inspired to choose the llama (that is a llama, right?  Looks llama-y to me) and the sheep after our trip to Northern Ireland last week, we saw sheeps everywhere (don't talk to me about the proper plural of sheeps I say what I want) and we got to spend some time with a llama.  Pics coming soon to my other blog, it's going to take me a while to sort through five to six hundred pics : )

Anyway, I took the Try Stampin' on Tuesday sketch and rotated it 90 degrees:


What's funny is I was going to use a different sketch, but I had jotted this one down on a bit of scrap paper that had some things printed on it and I had rotated the paper to read something else I wrote.  And I saw the sketch sideways and thought yeah, that'll work!

Okay, it took me 40 minutes to get my SU! order done.  I only ordered one stamp set bundle (that's in the mini catalog and carrying over), everything else is new color ink pads, cardstock, and retiring cardstock.  And some markers.  I use all that stuff for my scrapbooks so I ordered a bunch of the 12x12.

Gotta get ready for work.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Peekaboo Farm
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin' Blends in Balmy Blue, Ivory, Bronze, Crumb Cake, Smoky Slate, Gray Granite
Paper:  Soft Sea Foam, Basic Gray, Thick Basic White, Soft Sea Foam DSP
Accessories:  old postage stamp punch, Dimensionals, retired sequins

4 comments:

Jaydee said...

Christy, isn't it wonderful that a piece of white card stock can suddenly turn into a little farm yard scene with not a scrap of white anywhere! I love getting lost in coloring and you obviously did too. So glad you shared this beauty with us at the Paper Players this week
hugs
jaydee

Alyson Mayo said...

Great colouring to create such a cute scene! Thanks for sharing with us at TSOT :)

Donna Scholz said...

Christy, what a sweet card! You did a great job with all the coloring!! I also like how you turned our Try Stampin' on Tuesday sketch to create your scene. Thank you for sharing your creativity with us (and including a lamb/ram in your design)!!! -Donna

Polly said...

Adorable card! The animals are too cute! Thanks for joining us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday! :)