Monday, August 31, 2026

Blossom Birthday

Mornin' y'all, hope your week is off to a good start.  Ryan informed me this morning that he thought I should get a tattoo so that I would "look tough and people would respect you more, like Daphne."  I presume he means Daphne would respect me more with a tattoo, not that she has a respect-garnering tattoo of her own (if she does, it's well hidden in her fur).  I politely declined, more emphatically when he said I should get the tattoo on my face.  Where he comes up with these ideas.

Anyway, I have a birthday card to share today:


And I used the fun sketch from As You See It:


Which dovetailed nicely with the Inspire. Create. challenge:


I have lots of scraps of the Lovely Blossoms DSP so it was just a matter of choosing which scraps to use.  Even the flowers are cut out of a partial sheet of the paper...in fact, every bit of paper on this card started as a scrap except for the card base.  Joanne mentioned on her post for this challenge that she'd thought of using the Sending Smiles bundle before changing her mind and using something else, so I took her idea and ran with it.  After all, it's her fault that I have that DSP pack so it's only fitting : )

Time to get the spawn ready for school and then take Daphne for a walk.  I'll ask her about the tattoo.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Sending Smiles
Ink:  Secret Sea
Paper:  Cloud Cover, Basic White, Petal Pink, Secret Sea, Lovely Blossoms DSP
Accessories:  Sending Smiles dies, Mini Dimensionals, Low-Profile Dots


Our Daphne likes to lay down with her head at a 90-degree angle to the rest of her.  Spinal alignment?  Never heard of her.

2 comments:

LeAnne said...

Wow, this is lovely! Beautiful papers and florals. I love this layout and are happy you shared it with us at As You See It! Now, as for Ryan wanting you to get a tattoo....maybe it's RYAN who wants the tattoo and figures if YOU get one first, that will open the door for his! LOL! BOYS! And DOGS!

Heather said...

So pretty, Christy - I LOVE what you did with the flowers going both ways - genius! Thanks so much for playing my sketch at As You See It!