Sunday, August 16, 2026

Falling Twice as Hard With The Paper Players

Mornin' ya'll and happy Sunday!  It's time for a new challenge from The Paper Players...hope you enjoyed last week's color combo from Stef, and get ready for a great CAS challenge from Claire!  Here it is:


HECK YEAH I am looking forward to fall!  And I just got a new SU! order with several different packs of fall patterned paper, so here's what I made:


Say hello to the Autumn Opulence DSP, which comes with two sheets of cut-outs and that's where I got the images for my cards.  Yep, I made two; the first one came together so fast I figured why not!  The cut-outs have a wide white border around them, so I trimmed that down a bit, added a simple strip of torn DSP and embossed the greeting with copper embossing powder.


This one's on Early Espresso...



And this one's on Blackberry Bliss.  I love when fall papers include a blue or a purple to ground all the browns, oranges, and reds.  I think this one is a bit less CAS just because the image is so large so it's a good thing I made the pumpkin card, which is definitely clean and simple : )

Check out the other design team creations on the Paper Players blog, and you can hop through their individual blogs to leave some comments too:

The Paper Players Design Team



And then upload your card at the Paper Players blog!  Keep in mind a few simple rules:
1.  Create a new paper project
2.  Upload your creation to your blog with a link back to us and provide a direct link to the post featuring your challenge submission
3.  Please link your card to no more than four challenges, TOTAL
4.  Have fun!


Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Fern & Flora
Ink:  Versamark
Paper:  Early Espresso, Blackberry Bliss, Autumn Opulence DSP
Accessories:  Copper EP, Dimensionals

3 comments:

Claire Broadwater said...

Christy, these are both fabulous Fall cards! I love the colors you selected and those cut outs are perfect signs that Fall is on the way! The torn paper for your strip adds so much texture. You certainly made my challenge shine! Have a great week, My Friend!

Ann Schach said...

Perfect fall cards, Christy! I love the die cuts that come with this paper. The torn edge adds great texture, while the embossed sentiment adds a touch of elegance. Have a wonderful week!

LeAnne said...

I love it when the DSP does most of the work! These images are beautiful and the copper embossing adds just the right "pop"!