Happy Sunday, y'all, and that means it's time for a new Paper Players challenge! This week the jubilant Jan has a fun theme challenge for us to kick off August:
Jan wants to see cards for babies or kids, and as it happens I live with a not-quite-so-little-anymore kiddo who will be starting fourth grade this week, so this is a perfect time to make a card to slip into his backpack on that first day. Here's what I made:
Ryan has been fixated on ducks for yeeeeeaarrrrs but after we went to Yellowstone and then to a nearby wolf sanctuary this summer, he is now also fixated on wolves. He's read several books about the wolves of Yellowstone and I am all for anything that gets him to enjoy reading. Anyway, this was also a fabulous opportunity for me to finally ink up my Wild Wolves stamp set from Lawn Fawn that I got last year. I kinda took inspiration from a shirt that Ryan and I both have:
We took this selfie at Yellowstone this past May : )
Check out the other design team creations on the Paper Players blog, and you can hop through their individual blogs to leave some comments too:
The Paper Players Design Team
And then upload your card at the Paper Players blog! Keep in mind a few simple rules:
1. Create a new paper project
2. Upload your creation to your blog with a link back to us and provide a direct link to the post featuring your challenge submission
3. Please link your card to no more than four challenges, TOTAL
4. Have fun!
Supplies:
Stamps: Wild Wolves from Lawn Fawn
Ink: Night of Navy, Stampin' Blends in So Saffron, Smoky Slate, Copper Clay
Paper: Night of Navy, Basic White, Everyday Skies DSP Stack, Simply Marbleous DSP Stack
Accessories: Wild Wolves dies


3 comments:
This card is ADORABLE!! I love that wolf. I also love that it matches those adorable shirts in your photos!!
The shirts are the perfect inspiration. Wolves are pretty cool - if you're not looking one straight in the eyes, I guess - so I understand the fixation. The night sky is super - not sure if it's DSP or you've used some magic to make it - but either way, it's terrific. And I'm all up for a good pun so this one 'for the little ones' ticks all the boxes for me. :-)
I think the way you followed your inspration created an awesome card! How cool! I hope Ryan will appreciate and enjoy it, LOL!
Post a Comment