Tuesday, August 11, 2026

Pastel Beach

Mornin' y'all!  Man, Ryan was in a snit this morning.  He was running a little too late to take his bike to school and he was extremely grumpy while I was driving him.  Hopefully he's in a better mood when I pick him up this afternoon.

In the meantime, how about a beach card?


I know, I said no more summer cards so in my mind this is winter at the beach mmmkay?  Also I get my new box o' fall goodies tomorrow and I am looking forward to that, lemme tell ya.

Anyway, back to my card for today, I thought I'd try to do a smaller scene with Rolling Waves for the Addicted to CAS challenge:


And I added on the Color Dare Challenge:


I used Barely Blush, Hydrangea Hue, Soft Succulent, and added some Basic Beige and Whisper White for neutrals.  Last up is the Time Out Challenge:


I was already planning a CAS card, so I decided on birthday for my other option.  I don't make a ton of birthday cards because 95% of what I send out is some form of hi - how ya doin' - thinking of you card, but it's still good to have a stash of other types of cards available.

Ya know, I think I might have to go make me a new cuppa...I'm trying to drink up some of my tea stash and the one I chose this morning is just tasting a bit weird to me today and it could be that it's just too old.  At least it was almost gone so I don't feel bad about tossing the last bit of it out.  So I'm going to go brew a new cuppa and take a look at some other blogs before I get to my chores for the day.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Rolling Waves
Ink:  Hydrangea Hue, Soft Succulent
Paper:  Barely Blush, Basic Beige, Basic White
Accessories:  Rolling Waves dies, Nested Essentials dies, Mini Dimensionals, Classic Matte Dot

15 comments:

Michelle said...

I really like this smaller scene! Thanks for the idea!!

Tanya said...

This is so pretty and peaceful! I love the colors!

LeAnne said...

What a sweet little scene! I love it, especially with that die that I always forget I have! Cute, cute, cute!

Jenn Borjeson said...

Totally cool scene! Thanks for joining us at Color Dare!

Diane said...

Love this card.

Tammy said...

This is lovely!! Love how you used the colors!! Thanks for sharing at Color Dare!

Cat Nowak said...

Wow! I love this card! Thank you for playing with us at Color Dare.

Melanie R said...

How pretty! I love how you used the challenge colors. Great card. Thank you for sharing at Color Dare.

My Paper Epiphany said...

A stunning CAS design! I love the way you used those colours. Thanks so much for joining us at Time Out:)

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I do love a CAS card and the layout of this is so great for containing the detail (I am going to CASE!) Love that soft colour palette too; did you have any issues linking up your card? I keep getting an error message on saving :-(

Anne Hayward said...

Clean and Simple, yet lots of texture. Great use of the Color Dare colors.

Helen said...

I love this beautiful CAS beach scene Christy! A perfect creation for our challenge! So pretty with lovely colur choices! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Time Out Challenges! :)

Kate said...

How gorgeous - I love it! Thank you for sharing your fabulous card with us at Time Out this fortnight - hope you will join us again soon!
Hugs, Kate!

Becca Yahrling said...

Love that cool umbrella die! Wonderful, serene beach scene. Thank you for sharing with us at Color Dare.

Helen said...

What a great card - so effective!

Thanks for joining us at the Addicted to CAS Challenge.

Helen x
DT