Monday, August 10, 2026

Perseverence

Mornin' y'all!  I have a cup of chestnut tea in front of me and a slice of yesterday's apple coffee cake for breakfast, eating a bit late because I had to drive Ryan to school (he lost his bike helmet somehow yesterday) and then go to the store (the hubs ran out of toothpaste).  So maybe I'm a bit slow getting started on the blog today but we're moving now.

And here's my card for today:


I quite like the inspo pic at Inspired By... this time around:


I zeroed in on the turtle on the upper left, but that frog on the bottom right is super cute too.  And the new sketch from Sunday Stamps is a classic for sure:


For my main image, I inked up the turtle in Soft Succulent and then inked the outside edges with Early Espresso and stamped it.  Then I used blending brushes to apply Soft Succulent and Crumb Cake ink for a distressed look, cut it out, and put it on a scrap of Crumb Cake cardstock cut with the Deckled Rectangles dies.  A perusal of my greeting stamps led me to Stepping Stones and I liked that message so that's what I went with.  The card base is Soft Succulent though it's coming across a bit more blue in the photo.  Still can't find a place to take my card photos that works 100% of the time.

Anyway, that's it for now.  I have a list of things to do today so I'd better get started.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Nature Prints, Stepping Stones
Ink:  Soft Succulent, Crumb Cake, Early Espresso
Paper:  Soft Succulent, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Beauty of the Earth DSP
Accessories:  Deckled Rectangles dies, Dimensionals

1 comment:

Jan Clothier said...

Oh wow! This is simple and so very sweet! that DSP really shines and the peacock is gorgeous. :-)