Mornin' y'all. I was not as productive in the craft room yesterday because I was busy running back and forth to the store. The hubs had requested lasagna for dinner, so after I took Ryan to school, I went to the store to get ingredients for lasagna and orange Jello because we always had orange Jello with lasagna when I was a kid so they go together in my brain. Then I got home and made the orange Jello so it could set in the fridge and sat down at the computer and realized that I had forgotten the ground beef for the lasagna, so I had to go BACK to the store to get that and then I assembled the lasagna and put it in the fridge until time to bake it for dinner last night and then most of my kid-free time was used up. I was grumpy. That lasagna was sure good for dinner though, and Ryan refused to eat it because he's crazy.
Anywha, I do have a card to share today:
I used this week's sketch from Atlantic Hearts:
And the speed stamping challenge from As You See It:
And here's my time:
I pulled out the very old Sweet Stitches DSP, Handmade for You and Button Button stamp sets and I'm sure this card will be going to my mom, who does like to sew and is the one who taught me how to cross stitch when I was younger than Ryan is now. I've had that DSP for many many moons (I think it's over ten years old) so I'm glad to use up even a little of it.
Ryan and the hubs have a Donuts with Dads thing at Ryan's school this morning, so Daph and I will be going for our morning walk while they're doing that. Cheers, y'all!
Supplies, all SU!
Stamps: Handmade For You, Button Button
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Daffodil Delight
Paper: Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, Basic White, Sweet Stitches DSP
Accessories: 3/4" circle punch, Layering Circles dies, Dimensionals


6 comments:
Oh wowza! I can just barely remember this DSP, and I LOVE this sentiment! Perfect card, and a great time! Thanks so much for playing at As You See It!
Tough day. Beautiful card! Hugs.
Crazy indeed - who doesn't love lasagna?! And yes, I have done exactly that before - gone to the shop and come home with all the extras but not the main ingredient! Nice to know I'm not going crazy alone. As to your card - I LOVE that DSP and am thinking next time I see a sewing themed suite, I should invest. Thanks for sharing with us again at As You See It. :-)
Such a fun card! 🧵 I love the colourful sewing machine paper and all the little stitched details. A clever and playful design! Thanks so much for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!
I'd have taken Ryan's place at the dinner table - I love a good lasagne! I feel your pain about multiple shopping runs - I too have done this on occasion! What lovely DSP you found for your card too - I don't think I've ever seen it before, but I love the retro colour combo. Love the layout - a speed triumph for our As You See It challenge this week!
I definitely remember these papers and I loved them! They're perfect for our speed challenge this week----crafty for sure! You positioned that perfect perfectly to get that thread and needle in there! And the buttons are a fun touch! This gets an A+ in my home ec class! Thanks for playing with our AHSC sketch this week!
Post a Comment