Friday, May 17, 2013

Friday Flashback: Cheers to You

Happy Friday and welcome to this week's Friday Flashback!  Today's randomly chosen stamp set is Cheers to You, and it's kinda funny that I own this set because in general, I don't drink alcohol.  But they have festivals for everything in Japan, and I just had to get Cheers to You to finish off my scrapbook layout for the Orion Beer Festival:


When I was working on this, I called my friend Amber (this was when we both lived on Okinawa) and asked, "Do you have any beer stamps?" and she was like, "Um, noooo, what do you want that for?!"  It was so wonderful having a local stampy friend because we did trade stamps back and forth from time to time.


So while I got the stamp set specifically for that scrapbook layout, I did use it again!  And for Saint Patrick's Day.  Go green beer!  (Only not for me, 'cause I hate beer.)


This one was a birthday card for a friend of mine, and another combo SCS sketch/color challenge card, but one I think was a bit less successful.  Bleargh.  I like today's brand new card better:


Sorry the pic is a teensy bit blurry, I took two and this was the better of the two.  So I know I just recently used that same awesome floral DSP for a recent Flashback, but it was on top of my scraps and it just worked with these stamps.  Sometimes you just gotta go with your first idea, know what I mean?  The layout is courtesy of Retro Sketches:


Ooh dang, once again I'm a little bit off from the original sketch.  Oh well, too late now.  And that's all she wrote!  Have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by for today's Friday Flashback!

Supplies, last card only:
Stamps:  Cheers to You (retired)
Ink:  Basic Gray, Tempting Turquoise, Cool Caribbean, Peach Parfait, Pumpkin Pie, Regal Rose, Rose Red
Paper:  Tempting Turquoise, Rose Red, Whisper White, Island Oasis DSP (retired)
Accessories:  Paper daisy (soon to retire), Triple Flower punch (retired), rhinestone, Dimensionals

No comments: