Thursday, June 9, 2022

Panda R&R

Hey y'all, how's your week going?  Yesterday was frustrating here, I felt like I couldn't get anything done and then I got called in to work in the afternoon so there was no way to finish anything in my craft room.  But I did finally get a card made this morning and I'll be heading back upstairs as soon as this blog post is published : )  I finally inked up a stamp set I got from my new catty preorder.


How awesome is that panda?  My little brother was semi-obsessed with pandas for a while when we were kids, so I'll save this card to send to him.  I just had to pull out that sentiment from the recently retired Timeless Tropical set, it was too perfect for this snoozing panda.

So glad I finally got to play along in the Inspire. Create. sketch challenge:

I paired that with this week's Color Throwdown:


I used Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, and Garden Green for my colors, with a bit of Basic Gray to add some shading to the panda.  I watercolored the image because there aren't any Garden Green Blends (why, SU?!).  I had fun making this and I know my brother will like it when he gets it : )

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Wild & Sweet, Timeless Tropical, Bamboo Beauty
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Crumb Cake, Garden Green, Basic Gray
Paper:  Crumb Cake, Garden Green, Thick Very Vanilla
Accessories:  Stitched Shapes dies, Stitched Rectangles dies, Dimensionals

1 comment:

Lisa H. said...

what a sweet card. I love that panda image. thanks for linking up to CTD.