Monday, April 22, 2019

Advice from Dory

Hey y'all!  Hope you had a good Easter yesterday.  We had a really tough week last week (I was sick, the hubs was ridiculously busy at work and exhausted by Saturday) so we didn't do anything for Easter other than make a ham for dinner.  Ryan doesn't know what he's missing as far as Easter baskets and egg hunts go, and he got to pet the neighbors' bunny so he was happy.

Usually it's Scrappy Monday here, but this week that will be on Tuesday instead.  I found a couple of challenges that I just *had* to do and I want to make sure I get to enter my card in both of them before they expire : )  With that, here's a little aquatic advice:


I dusted off Ocean Commotion, which has been retired for years but I love it.  And here's the Fusion challenge that prompted me to ink it up again:


And the Color Throwdown was just too perfect with the Fusion challenge!


I used Tangerine Tango, Crushed Curry, and Blueberry Bushel as my colors.  The Tangerine Tango embossing powder has been retired for quite some time as well, but it was fun to play with it on this card.  For the background, I took a piece of Shimmery White cardstock and brayered the heck out of it with Blueberry Bushel ink, stamped and embossed the coral, and then flicked a bit of water on it, but the water spots didn't come out as well as I wanted them to.  Still, I'm happy that somehow I managed to get a photo that shows the shimmery part of the ocean : )

Scrapbook layout coming up tomorrow.  I finally took pictures of a whole bunch of layouts over the weekend so I have lots to choose from!  And I feel like I am once again making some scrappy progress, which makes me happy.  Maybe I'll actually finish Ryan's baby book by the time he turns 3!  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Ocean Commotion, Labeler Alphabet
Ink:  Blueberry Bushel, Crushed Curry, Versamark
Paper:  Shimmery White, Thick Whisper White
Accessories:  Tangerine Tango EP, Dimensionals

3 comments:

Vickie Z said...

Fun use of the sketch and colors! So happy you joined us at CTD!

Linda Callahan said...

Perfect for this challenge!

Karren said...

Fabulous card and such a striking background! Those fish look so cool! Thanks so much for joining us at Fusion.